Membership Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Current Bulldogs season membership down 22%, this is after appointing new Coach and major new signings.

Surely this is then reflected in the upcoming Boardroom vote.. #NRL #Bulldogs

Hmm... I know its early but Hasler and the old board has jammed us good...

Your thoughts guys?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah
I thought we would have improved given the changes

But let's be honest, the fans really turned on the club like I have never seen in 40 years following the dogs.

It's an all time low

Some fans are gone forever

Club has some making up to do that's for sure

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Memberships might pick up if we are doing ok after a few rounds. That may make us seem like fickle fans but I wouldn’t blame anyone who wanted to wait and see before parting with their hard earned money, especially since some of it will probably go towards a back room settlement with Des after the dust has settled a bit.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whered you get figures from? Is this at the same stage last year or comparing from now to the final end figure last year?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our club has been in decline for years now, I've mentioned this in another thread.

A number or male and female supporters I have bumped into over the last 10 years or so haven't been to a game in over 10 years and a lot don't even watch the game anymore.

I'm sure in the early 2000's are crowds were bigger then what they are now.

Look some might say they aren't real supporters and maybe your right but we still need them at the games.

N

Natboy

It’s because people didn’t want to pay extra for their hat from best & less or fosseys (do they still exist?)
Now being serious it sounds like a lot of people turned off their auto renew & I predict a bit of a flurry at the end of Feb & before our first proper home game, especially if we are actually playing entertaining footy for the first time in years.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're down about 3000 members on his time last year and around 11th for total members.

I suppose Aunty's not around to give out free memberships which effects the numbers.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're down about 3000 members on his time last year and around 11th for total members.

I suppose Aunty's not around to give out free memberships which effects the numbers.
Thats a very good point how many did she give away i wonder

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You build it they will come,when everyone could see our game plan wasnt working and were screaming, all we got was des record blah blah year after year would have taken its toll on people not to make the dogs a priority anymore personally towards the end i couldn't even watch or drag myself to a game.
They have now talked the talk , if they turn up on the field the blue and white blood will defrost and start to pump again.once the excitement of a competitive team starts the fans will follow.
Also got to take into consideration how frustrating and inconsistent the nrl is on a whole

A

Alexander the Great

You build it they will come,when everyone could see our game plan wasnt working and were screaming, all we got was des record blah blah year after year would have taken its toll on people not to make the dogs a priority anymore personally towards the end i couldn't even watch or drag myself to a game.
They have now talked the talk , if they turn up on the field the blue and white blood will defrost and start to pump again.once the excitement of a competitive team starts the fans will follow.
Also got to take into consideration how frustrating and inconsistent the nrl is on a whole
field of dreams top movie....

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I probably wouldn’t read too much into it at the moment. NRL advertising wouldn’t get a look in on tv now with the summer sports dominating. BBL finishes this week and people will be looking for their winter sports then. The BBL has been so successful this year, I think it’s affected attendances at the A League too. The push for members will start soon enough.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You weren't alone. I didn't bother watching some games either.
Once we were out of finals contention though I picked up interest again because they played with pride.
I didn't cancel my auto renewal and live in hope once again

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a very good point how many did she give away i wonder
I don't remember them putting an exact number on it at the time.

But the numbers are pretty disappointing for this stage, I hope plenty more people join up.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The numbers are also down because of the new memberships where children under 12 get free admission, you have to factor that in

I renewed my membership once Dean Pay was installed head coach, but because of the new packages, i only had to sign myself and my son up, and my other 3 kids get in for free, whereas in past years i would of had to pay for their memberships.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has less to do with our club and more to do with the NRL! The officiating, stadium prices, times of the games played and the quality, are not exactly something fans are impressed with!!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
An ad JUST popped up on my FB re memberships. Their ears must be burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.