Official Members Q&A

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Warburton said all the right things in response to the underarm lollies lobbed at him.

Khoury bit ordinary if I’m being honest, just read straight from a script word for word.

Gus spoke well, provides a lot of hope with the plan outlined. Just need to execute collectively as a club.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Spoony, watched it all. There is hope for the future yet. At the moment and Mr Gould said we are at the bottom and there is a lot of work to be done, if any one can he can.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Warburton said all the right things in response to the underarm lollies lobbed at him.

Khoury bit ordinary if I’m being honest, just read straight from a script word for word.

Gus spoke well, provides a lot of hope with the plan outlined. Just need to execute collectively as a club.
Agree. I was disappointed with Khourys air time. Warburton could've stayed in bed, Gus showed the way and gives us a bit of hope

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
goulds comments made me think that our salary cap might not have much room next year and the year after? or perhaps he was alluding to players being overpaid that arent in important positions. He said he hoped to move things around and get our cap looking the way he wants by 2023/24. Says the key is having developed players on minimum wage that are ready for first grade in your squad so you then have more money for marquee players when you need them/ need to retain them

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is Gus reading? I can see "Winx" there, which isn't surprising, he is right into the horses...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
goulds comments made me think that our salary cap might not have much room next year and the year after? or perhaps he was alluding to players being overpaid that arent in important positions. He said he hoped to move things around and get our cap looking the way he wants by 2023/24. Says the key is having developed players on minimum wage that are ready for first grade in your squad so you then have more money for marquee players when you need them/ need to retain them
I think he could be alluding to shelling out big bucks to the likes of Cotric and JAC instead of spine positions. That’s how I took it anyway.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
"(The salary cap) is pretty much set for next season. We're very much salary cap compliant atm".

5-10 years mentioned, similar to Panthers. Gus thinks our biggest improvement is going to come from our junior development and brining through our own talent. It looks like we're just going to be getting by until then (Panthers were in and around the eight before they built their god squad).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gould definitely worth listening to. He goes to some trouble to be positive about fan forums and discussions around who should play what position in what way, but then contextualises it by basically saying fans have no idea.

Must have been reading your stuff eh @Mutt Dafty ?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
5 SG Ball players identified for Top 30/Development spots which is good to see. Some really solid players in that team so would love to know who they are. Cameron Lawrence, Eli Clark, Khaled Rajab, Bayley Cox, Danny Ghantou and Lleyton Borg all showed a lot of promise in addition to Alamoti.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he could be alluding to shelling out big bucks to the likes of Cotric and JAC instead of spine positions. That’s how I took it anyway.
yeah for sure. Hard to argue with addo carrs price tag i would say and the only reason im semi okay with cotric's price is because he was the first decent signing we made to get the ball rolling. No way he gets that much if he signs now

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 SG Ball players identified for Top 30/Development spots which is good to see. Some really solid players in that team so would love to know who they are. Cameron Lawrence, Eli Clark, Khaled Rajab, Bayley Cox, Danny Ghantou and Lleyton Borg all showed a lot of promise in addition to Alamoti.
Also

Diego Bravo Graham
Joesph O Neil
Turoa Williams

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gould definitely worth listening to. He goes to some trouble to be positive about fan forums and discussions around who should play what position in what way, but then contextualises it by basically saying fans have no idea.

Must have been reading your stuff eh @Mutt Dafty ?
Who cares what Gus thinks.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's probably not a nice thing to say but we should all be praying he's alive long enough to complete the rebuild. We're very lucky to have him.
Cmon Gus just has one of the roughest heads in the world he’s not going to drop dead any minute.