Official Members Only Open Training Session

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Any members planning on attending the open training session at Belmore on Sat 12 Dec 10am-12pm?

I just got my ticket (it’s free but you need to book due to C-19 restrictions).

Will be good to see Baz and team giving the squad a run and get eyes on some of the new Dogs. Possibly the only open session before the new season too.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
W
Any members planning on attending the open training session at Belmore on Sat 12 Dec 10am-12pm?

I just got my ticket (it’s free but you need to book due to C-19 restrictions).

Will be good to see Baz and team giving the squad a run and get eyes on some of the new Dogs. Possibly the only open session before the new season too.
Enjoy DinkumDog. I hope you have a great day.

I wish I could be there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Happy to post some pics if TK would like?
Yes please.

Plus talk to Baz about what the Hooker plan is, (Wakeham?) odds on Burton 2021 if not whats the 5/8 plan, the FB plan, chances of getting Lenui, Crighton, does he feel he could straighten out/help Naden if cheap enough.

JJ to lock? Waddell on bench?

Has Baz moved to the Shire?

Check out all the coaching staff and report back :grinning:

See if the rejuvenated "facilities" are as good as Zap says :grinning:

Oh and The Fox.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes please.

Plus talk to Baz about what the Hooker plan is, (Wakeham?) odds on Burton 2021 if not whats the 5/8 plan, the FB plan, chances of getting Lenui, Crighton, does he feel he could straighten out/help Naden if cheap enough.

JJ to lock? Waddell on bench?

Has Baz moved to the Shire?

Check out all the coaching staff and report back :grinning:

See if the rejuvenated "facilities" are as good as Zap says :grinning:

Oh and The Fox.
No access to players or coaches due C-19 restrictions - they’ll be on the field and us punters in the stand. However, to comply with your wishes I’ve added the following to my kit:
9C2850FC-0517-4A80-9E2E-79C577706590.jpeg
26DF8293-453A-46FC-BA38-B33F91332B4A.jpeg

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No access to players or coaches due C-19 restrictions - they’ll be on the field and us punters in the stand. However, to comply with your wishes I’ve added the following to my kit:
View attachment 19018
View attachment 19019
Walkie talkies are much more useful than a loudspeaker. Unless you provide one for T Baz, you're going to be frustrated with not being able to hear his responses. No need to throw away the loudspeaker though. I'm sure it could be handy for domestic situations. Eg. While wifey (assuming you're married) is cooking and your beer runs out, it could be useful in saying, "honey could you please bring me another beer"

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was at the corporate golf day yesterday and there’s definitely a positive vibe within the club. Trent Barrett and support staff has already made a massive impression. Club paid $13k to get our hyperbaric chamber working again, wasn’t used for 2 years under Dean Pay so that tells you how much out of depth he was.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was at the corporate golf day yesterday and there’s definitely a positive vibe within the club. Trent Barrett and support staff has already made a massive impression. Club paid $13k to get our hyperbaric chamber working again, wasn’t used for 2 years under Dean Pay so that tells you how much out of depth he was.
Wasn't enough room to run hard and tackle hard in there so he didn't know how to use it lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Club paid $13k to get our hyperbaric chamber working again, wasn’t used for 2 years under Dean Pay so that tells you how much out of depth he was.
I bet Foran broke it...

I heard Pay tried to put it on the trading post, when some suggested Gumtree or market place, he said what's that??

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Walkie talkies are much more useful than a loudspeaker. Unless you provide one for T Baz, you're going to be frustrated with not being able to hear his responses. No need to throw away the loudspeaker though. I'm sure it could be handy for domestic situations. Eg. While wifey (assuming you're married) is cooking and your beer runs out, it could be useful in saying, "honey could you please bring me another beer"
Wise counsel Alan.
Walkie talkies may have C-19 protocol issues though. So I’ll add a set of binoculars to monitor Baz’ response. It’s handy I can lip read and also write shorthand - I knew my previous career in espionage would be useful again one day. As for your second suggestion, have you ever been married? :-)

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wise counsel Alan.
Walkie talkies may have C-19 protocol issues though. So I’ll add a set of binoculars to monitor Baz’ response. It’s handy I can lip read and also write shorthand - I knew my previous career in espionage would be useful again one day. As for your second suggestion, I assume you never married a Russian :-).
Wise counsel Alan.
Walkie talkies may have C-19 protocol issues though. So I’ll add a set of binoculars to monitor Baz’ response. It’s handy I can lip read and also write shorthand - I knew my previous career in espionage would be useful again one day. As for your second suggestion, I assume you never married a Russian :-).
True. Hadn't thought about the C-19 issues presented with handing him a walkie talkie you've touched. I could never get into espionage. Upon turning 18 I tried martini "shaken not stirred" and although I'd never and still haven't tasted arse, I instinctively decided that martini tastes like arse. I don't know if it's just British secret service agents that have to drink that. But I just decided it's not worth the risk.Kudos to you for putting up with the taste of arse in a glass of you had to drink that stuff.

Funnily enough I have never been married. You'd think with my inventive nature (face it not everyone is thoughtful about communication techniques like I am). My last girlfriend left because she was lazy. She angrily accused ME of being lazy for not putting down the toilet seat after peeing. I told her on the contrary that she was lazy. From an effort perspective, I have to expend more energy by standing up to pee while she had the luxury of having a restful sit down while she did her business. The standing deal is exacerbated by having to lift the seat every time. I said that maybe her seat lowering technique needed work if it was costing her a lot of effort and that a slight flick of the finger was generally enough and that gravity did the rest. I won't go into her response, but she said some things that hurt my feelings. She wouldn't even bring me a beer to the lounge before she left and she didn't even finish cooking dinner before leaving.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
True. Hadn't thought about the C-19 issues presented with handing him a walkie talkie you've touched. I could never get into espionage. Upon turning 18 I tried martini "shaken not stirred" and although I'd never and still haven't tasted arse, I instinctively decided that martini tastes like arse. I don't know if it's just British secret service agents that have to drink that. But I just decided it's not worth the risk.Kudos to you for putting up with the taste of arse in a glass of you had to drink that stuff.

Funnily enough I have never been married. You'd think with my inventive nature (face it not everyone is thoughtful about communication techniques like I am). My last girlfriend left because she was lazy. She angrily accused ME of being lazy for not putting down the toilet seat after peeing. I told her on the contrary that she was lazy. From an effort perspective, I have to expend more energy by standing up to pee while she had the luxury of having a restful sit down while she did her business. The standing deal is exacerbated by having to lift the seat every time. I said that maybe her seat lowering technique needed work if it was costing her a lot of effort and that a slight flick of the finger was generally enough and that gravity did the rest. I won't go into her response, but she said some things that hurt my feelings. She wouldn't even bring me a beer to the lounge before she left and she didn't even finish cooking dinner before leaving.
Allow me to quash some long held myths about espionage. There are no tuxedos nor martinis involved (hence arse in glass taste not an issue, though I do concur on that observation).

As for other people and their lack of effort, it’s rather insulting isn’t it. I mean I’m heading to Belmore with a DSLR, megaphone, binoculars and notepad on a steamy December morn all to benefit my TK brethren (there’s nothing in it for me) and some people can’t even put down the toilet seat nor bring you a beer when yelled at to do so. Selfish times we live in...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I avoid the complaints about leaving the toilet seat up by at the same time putting the lid down, that way both of us have to lift something up to pee, equality prevails.

Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering, I’m not a season ticket holder but I’m a football club member, would that be enough to get into BSG?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes please, you’d be doing a better job than what they are dishing out on the website. They’re not posting enough pics this off-season for some reason
They started off well but have completely dropped off to a Ferris 2 minute chat and a couple of pics every few days.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Allow me to quash some long held myths about espionage. There are no tuxedos nor martinis involved (hence arse in glass taste not an issue, though I do concur on that observation).

As for other people and their lack of effort, it’s rather insulting isn’t it. I mean I’m heading to Belmore with a DSLR, megaphone, binoculars and notepad on a steamy December morn all to benefit my TK brethren (there’s nothing in it for me) and some people can’t even put down the toilet seat nor bring you a beer when yelled at to do so. Selfish times we live in...
At least you got to drive a tricked out Aston Martin. And without having to wear a tux it'd be more comfortable in shorts and thongs in the summer. And all the fun explosive pens and things would have been cool. Considering that you don't have to drink Martini, I might look at becoming a spy again.

I don't know if you keep the licence to kill after getting out of espionage. But maybe if you do, you could offer to help *cough cough* "nullify" any players that are contracted to us that T-Baz wants off the books. Anyone being lazy on the training paddock will no doubt lift their efforts if the implied threat of assassination is there.

As for the not being bought beers thing, remind her that you have a licence to kill.