Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When will we sign a decent partner for Foran

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Q1. What is the NRL's strategy (if any) for investigating, inventing and implementing technology as a referee aid to eliminate or reduce referee error? ie; hotspot for contentious calls on contested catches, virtual lines for a video ref when ruling offside from attacking kicks, gps/tracking technology to track ball flight for forward passes etc.

Q2. What is being done (if anything) to work towards a fair and even draw for all clubs?

The essence of any professional sport with a salary cap is that it embodies a level playing field. Yet some teams have 5, 5 day turnarounds while flying back from across or halfway across the country and others have none.

Q3. Is anyone looking into the obvious coaching abuse of free HIA interchanges?

There is a definate trend that has evolved around HIA's being used in high fatigue time periods

Q4. When rule changes are going to be implemented, how far in advance are clubs consulted so they can enact a forward strategy plan?

I ask this because every rugby league indentity waxed lyrical about Canterburys biggest football pack in the world for several years on end until there were reduced interchanges and the intentional speeding up of the game.

Q5. When rule changes or tweaks are being strategised, why do clubs and coaches have any input into the changes?

Kind of a conflict of interest if coaches are advocating for rule changes that suit their current squad don't you think?

Last edited:

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone point out that klemmer loves the club and supported them as a young boy and is evident when he plays with passion and aggression and woods only came here for the money so if someone has to go woods is the man. They will lose a lot of supporters if they get rid of klemmer

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These two sort of run along the same lines but are a really big bugbear with me.(Willing to travel four hours to watch a live game but nigh impossible Thursday and early game Friday..think about families with kids and workers who don't knock off until 5pm.)

Does the NRL really care about the way in which matches are scheduled, do they understand that it is affecting crowd numbers?

Do they want bums on seats at the ground to watch a game live, or are they just content to allow people to watch from home because it placates the broadcasters for their monetary commitment to the game?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
If you are posting in here, be respectful of others questions.

If you feel the need to attack another posters questions, you'll be removed from the thread and your posts /questions with it.
I apologise for calling him a "Retard" and "15"
Sorry mate :grinning:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the best question to ask would be:

You stated earlier this year that we will not be playing for players contract that are not playing for us (ie James Graham). So having said that, how do you expect us to get out of this well publicized predicament, without resorting to breaking your promise?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the best question to ask would be:

You stated earlier this year that we will not be playing for players contract that are not playing for us (ie James Graham). So having said that, how do you expect us to get out of this well publicized predicament, without resorting to breaking your promise?
If the backended contracts are true and the cap is in such a bad state I won't blame them at all if they have to break that promise.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the backended contracts are true and the cap is in such a bad state I won't blame them at all if they have to break that promise.
I agree with you.

But its terrible foresight if they are making promises in January, without understanding the entirety of our cap situation.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Another question to ask: Who is responsible for the cringeworthy post game promotional material and have they been replaced yet?
Dogs vs Panthers promo.
To'omaga debut promo.
Dogs vs Roosters Mortal Kombat promo.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did the previous Admin lie to the NRL about the salary cap situation? If not what level of responsibility does the NRL take when registering these contracts? Surely there is negligence on both sides if the Dogs are in the situation that is reported.
Having the Dogs competitive and strong as one of the best support clubs should be a key priority for the NRL.... discuss !

Reactions: GDR

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would like to ask the following

1. What strategies do they have in place to get the club salary cap compliant, and if we do have to shed players like Mbye, Morris boys etc etc, does the club officially acknowledge that their is strong possibility we aren't premiership material for a few years to come, ( i know they wont say we are shit etc etc)

2. Why do we continue to play games at Belmore when the facilities, views on the hill, scoreboard etc etc arent up to FG standard, and is it true there are massive redevelopments planned for Belmore oval and surrounding areas.

3. Why is Elliott still picked in FG when he is so fucking shit... haha jokes.

4. Last administration seemed like it focused moreso on money/business side of things and quick success without future planning, what is the main focus of this board and their plans for the future of the Bulldogs to get us back to being a powerful club.

Reactions: GDR

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with you.

But its terrible foresight if they are making promises in January, without understanding the entirety of our cap situation.
In January the Board had no access to the books. The full extent of the issue came to light after they got there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With the loss of the Morris brothers and potential loss of Mbye, how do we plan on actually scoring points next season (not that we do that now)? We will have the slowest backline i have ever seen with the likes of Foran, Hoppa and Montoya locked in.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In January the Board had no access to the books. The full extent of the issue came to light after they got there.
So they made a call about something without full understanding it, nor the potential repercussions of it?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they made a call about something without full understanding it, nor the potential repercussions of it?

They were relying on the information Dib and Co provided about our salary cap situation being handled and in good shape for future seasons etc.
Can't blame the board for relying on the same information everyone was using to say we should maintain Dib etc.

I think the best thing for the board to do at this forum is answer the tough questions honestly. Saying we are going to have struggles over the next few years would likely go over better with fans than saying we are going to kill it the next few years and then end up struggling the whole time.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How funny would it be if they came out with a 2 premierships by 2022 power point presentation lol

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were relying on the information Dib and Co provided about our salary cap situation being handled and in good shape for future seasons etc.
Can't blame the board for relying on the same information everyone was using to say we should maintain Dib etc.

I think the best thing for the board to do at this forum is answer the tough questions honestly. Saying we are going to have struggles over the next few years would likely go over better with fans than saying we are going to kill it the next few years and then end up struggling the whole time.
I would be VERY surprised if they still do not attempt to sugar coat it.

The board coming out and effectively saying we will be re-building for the next 3 years, no chance of finals footy = crowds average plummeting = waving goodbye to $$

Status
Not open for further replies.