Member and corporate update

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No need to apologise to members and fans, apologise to the players affected by this invasion of privacy and apologise for not standing up for them to the nrl scum when this first happend!
Oh please.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I do like the reply. I like how they swing it back around to acknowledge that the situation would largely be nothing if not for medias invasion of privacy.

The players largely did nothing wrong except celebrate a hard season by letting their hair (and clothes) down though, so I'd have preferred they left these bits out:
"As a club we were disappointed at some of the behaviours"
"it was unacceptable and a bad look for the club and the game".
"All parties involved have acknowledged that there was behaviour on the day that was not up to the standards expected by our club"

But I do like this part:

"stronger processes should have been in place to prevent and react to it differently."

A nice subtle dig there.

It does make me wonder if the club are weighing up it's legal options.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs have corrected misreported information and claim an invasion of privacy over Mad Monday

BULLDOGS

September 14, 2018 5:29pm

PAMELA WHALEY@pamelawhaley

Source: FOX SPORTS

Bulldogs have corrected misreported information and claim an invasion of privacy over Mad Monday

BULLDOGS

September 14, 2018 5:29pm

PAMELA WHALEY@pamelawhaley

Source: FOX SPORTS

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should sue the Tele and ask for dt least $250k in damages. They have defamed the club and I think we’d win.
There's more damages than that. Add $500,000 for next 10 years (each year) for lost sponsorship, any fines to the players by the club & Police & damage to players' reputations. That must be at least $10M!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
trying to numb emotional pain with sustance abuse is unconscionable
Conscience doesn’t matter if you use the right substance, you’re doing it wrong!

Seriously, they were boozing up and acting stupid, but it’s Australia, they are young men and booze culture is all around them... hardly the crime of the century.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. How much more did you want them to stand up for Elliot?
2. Why should the club take care of Fine? He got injured. Part of the game.
3. If you get fined by the cops and refuse to pay then what happens?

You’re a flog
1. They have hardly stood up for Elliot, this is the fucking "family club" / "dogs of war" isn't it mate?, they didn't say a thing when Elliot was getting fucked in the media and instead they fined him as well.
2. You missed the point on this one, if Fine put his body on the line for the club while the board left him out to dry then shame on the fucking board for that. Many of us here know what it's like to work your fucking ass off while you have a shitcunt boss who only sits back and does jackshit.
3. I was referring to the 250k that the NRL fined us and you know it, no need to be a smartass.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is no need for any apology. Don’t be weak guys.

A couple of players behaved like clowns. No one raped anyone. No one got caught taking drugs. No one got violent.

A $250k fine is out of all proportion.

Malla

Reaction score
1. They have hardly stood up for Elliot, this is the fucking "family club" / "dogs of war" isn't it mate?, they didn't say a thing when Elliot was getting fucked in the media and instead they fined him as well.
2. You missed the point on this one, if Fine put his body on the line for the club while the board left him out to dry then shame on the fucking board for that. Many of us here know what it's like to work your fucking ass off while you have a shitcunt boss who only sits back and does jackshit.
3. I was referring to the 250k that the NRL fined us and you know it, no need to be a smartass.
1. You probably need to sit down with Elliot first and ask him what has the club done for him during this trying time to get an answer. You wanting the club to come out and publicly tell the world what they’ve done? Of course they support their player. They don’t need a public statement to prove it lol
2. I didn’t miss the point lol all players put their body on the line. How did we leave him high and dry? If we left him high and dry he wouldn’t have played in the ISP semi because of what happened mad Monday.
3. You can’t just ignore a fine and not pay it and expect there to be no consequences. The board is addressing this appropriately.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like the reply. I like how they swing it back around to acknowledge that the situation would largely be nothing if not for medias invasion of privacy.

The players largely did nothing wrong except celebrate a hard season by letting their hair (and clothes) down though, so I'd have preferred they left these bits out:
"As a club we were disappointed at some of the behaviours"
"it was unacceptable and a bad look for the club and the game".
"All parties involved have acknowledged that there was behaviour on the day that was not up to the standards expected by our club"

But I do like this part:

"stronger processes should have been in place to prevent and react to it differently."

A nice subtle dig there.

It does make me wonder if the club are weighing up it's legal options.
yeah, I'm thinking just saying invasion of privacy without clarification is because they are going down legal avenues.. could have said more but that could impact any future ... ahhh ... negotiations.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah, I'm thinking just saying invasion of privacy without clarification is because they are going down legal avenues.. could have said more but that could impact any future ... ahhh ... negotiations.
Wouldn’t it be nice if News Limited funds Leagues Club Reno’s with a court result in our favour

Status
Not open for further replies.