Melbourne "terrorism incident"

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How though? How would the government raid his house and deport him?

He probably shouldn't have been let in the country in the first place but there's no legal precident to deport him so how would they do it?

Even a raid on his house is a beach of constitutional rights so they couldn't even do that without more evidence.

All they could do is arrest him in which case they'd have to release him soon after.
Exactly..

As for the law..it failed us Hacky.. because he was a risk..blind Freddy could see it..and he was let go time and time again..he even tried to join a bikie gang..Sheesh.. I would have understand if he had come here and was granted asylum..even with the Iranian concern..But when he got here..he was causing trouble..it followed him around..Alarm bells should have gone off..it wasn’t a coincidence..Iran and Interpol should have been consulted again..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly..

As for the law..it failed us Hacky.. because he was a risk..blind Freddy could see it..and he was let go time and time again..he even tried to join a bikie gang..Sheesh.. I would have understand if he had come here and was granted asylum..even with the Iranian concern..But when he got here..he was causing trouble..it followed him around..Alarm bells should have gone off..it wasn’t a coincidence..Iran and Interpol should have been consulted again..
Yep. The law is broken. Always has been. But there's a compromise. If we sack the constitution and change the laws then we could prevent things like Monis from happening. But we also have to give up our own freedoms and accept that innocent people will eventually be put in gaol by accident. Innocent people will be deported and harmed beyond recovery.

The law is a fine line between freedom and protection and sometimes it makes mistakes.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. The law is broken. Always has been. But there's a compromise. If we sack the constitution and change the laws then we could prevent things like Monis from happening. But we also have to give up our own freedoms and accept that innocent people will eventually be put in gaol by accident. Innocent people will be deported and harmed beyond recovery.

The law is a fine line between freedom and protection and sometimes it makes mistakes.
They only had to look at his record Hacky..he wasn’t a quite suburban Joe..if he was I would understand him slipping through the cracks..that’s the whole point I’m making..I don’t want to inhibit people’s freedoms.. But Monis was a trouble maker..with an already violent and deceitful past..he didn’t change when he got here..so Iran was proven correct..at the cost of two Australians lives..and his other traumatised victims..

Here’s an interesting article..https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...s-around-man-haron-monis-20170524-gwc2sb.html

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They only had to look at his record Hacky..he wasn’t a quite suburban Joe..if he was I would understand him slipping through the cracks..that’s the whole point I’m making..I don’t want to inhibit people’s freedoms.. But Monis was a trouble maker..with an already violent and deceitful past..he didn’t change when he got here..so Iran was proven correct..at the cost of two Australians lives..and his other traumatised victims..

Here’s an interesting article..https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...s-around-man-haron-monis-20170524-gwc2sb.html
Yep. I don't doubt that. I'm just asking how it could have been handled? What could federal Police have done?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Haneef was removed because he was the second cousin of two known terrorists. He'd purchased a one way ticket to India, and refused to offer reasoning for it when initially questioned, and a second time when questioned. It was only after the fact he explained it was to see his wife and daughter.

It's not like Joe Average was grabbed off the street with zero association with anyone that causes trouble.

There have been a couple of Muslim leaders like that but the vast majority of the Muslim leaders have publicly spoke out against them.
There's a few that are shifty as fuck and right at the top. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. I don't doubt that. I'm just asking how it could have been handled? What could federal Police have done?
Well for starters they should’ve kept him on the ASIO watch list..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haneef was removed because he was the second cousin of two known terrorists. He'd purchased a one way ticket to India, and refused to offer reasoning for it when initially questioned, and a second time when questioned. It was only after the fact he explained it was to see his wife and daughter.

It's not like Joe Average was grabbed off the street with zero association with anyone that causes trouble..
The only thing that got Haneef into trouble was he bought a sim card and that was used in UK by his terrorist relo.

that was all. It was nothing what you just said about not answering questions or anything.

the bloke lost his potential earnings as a doctor due to bad reputation. Do you really think he would put that on the line by not answering some questions when he knew that he was not guilty of any wrong doing?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well Well Well..

The Somalia-born terrorist who stabbed three men in last week's Bourke Street attack was a regular at a Muslim youth centre previously attended by a string of Islamic extremists. Hassan Khalif Shire Ali, 30, attended prayer sessions at Coolaroo's Hume Islamic Youth Centre (HIYC) in Melbourne's north.

Three of the four men (including Hamza Abbas) accused of conspiring to 'wage violent jihad' by detonating a bomb in Federation Square on Christmas Day, 2016, attended the HIYC.

'Jihadi' Jake Bilardi, who blew himself up in a 2015 suicide bomb attack in Iraq that killed no one but himself. Fellow teenage suicide bomber Adam Dahman who killed five people in Iraq in 2014, are also believed to have passed through the doors of the HIYC.

The centre is led by Sheik Mohammed Omran, the highest ranked cleric in Australia for the Salafi movement, a conservative strand of Sunni. He blamed the 'bloody prime minister' and police for not stopping Friday's Bourke Street attack.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...orist-prayed-home-string-radical-Muslims.html

The only thing that got Haneef into trouble was he bought a sim card and that was used in UK by his terrorist relo.

that was all. It was nothing what you just said about not answering questions or anything.

the bloke lost his potential earnings as a doctor due to bad reputation. Do you really think he would put that on the line by not answering some questions when he knew that he was not guilty of any wrong doing?
He did .. it's all in the manuscripts / notes of the case.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't they realise that people are hip to this "Terrorism" hoax now?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't they realise that people are hip to this "Terrorism" hoax now?
Distraction, misinformation and disinformation.

"Here, look at the Muslim "terrorist" bogeyman while we do our evil behind the media's back"

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
WTF is trolley guy going to do with $136k ?
Buy 1.36m aluminum cans ?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Distraction, misinformation and disinformation.

"Here, look at the Muslim "terrorist" bogeyman while we do our evil behind the media's back"

yeah, it's also a revenue stream.. nobody cares about good news.. they want to get angry and shit

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
30-40 years ago, the chart would have shown only the wog nations.
No way maaate we wogs might eat some offensive smelling food but we don't steal, fight or kill
Too much class it's in the DNA

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WTF is trolley guy going to do with $136k ?
Buy 1.36m aluminum cans ?
1. Buy truck.
2. Tour Victoria and gather as many plastic and glass bottles as possible.
3. Head to Sydney.
4. Deposit them all in those recycling machines for 5/10c refund.
5. Realise it was a pointless exercise yet so many other people do it.

If anything it needs to go into a trust fund whereby he can't spend it on drugs again.

Homeless dude with history of drugs and in/out of prison, won't take long for the urge to come back.

$50k odd of that goes in getting him a years rental somewhere and furnishing the place.

Then by time he buys a car another $10k easily.

Then rest should be used to retrain/reskill into an area he can get a job.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Buy truck.
2. Tour Victoria and gather as many plastic and glass bottles as possible.
3. Head to Sydney.
4. Deposit them all in those recycling machines for 5/10c refund.
5. Realise it was a pointless exercise yet so many other people do it.

If anything it needs to go into a trust fund whereby he can't spend it on drugs again.

Homeless dude with history of drugs and in/out of prison, won't take long for the urge to come back.

$50k odd of that goes in getting him a years rental somewhere and furnishing the place.

Then by time he buys a car another $10k easily.

Then rest should be used to retrain/reskill into an area he can get a job.
3400 hits of meth ?