Melbourne teen choked out during brutal eviction from Croydon pub

Who is in the wrong, the 18 year old drunk patron or the security guard?

• Security Guard

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Drunk Patron

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The patron could sue but there would be reduced liability on the guard/security company/venue for any injuries sustained due to the behaviour of the patron

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you're thick.

Again you are just regurgitating what I said and trying to pass it off as new information.
You don't need to have much of an IQ to realise you made the exact opposite conclusion to the one I pointed out. You said the security guard will have no case.

I'm no fancy big city lawyer lol but I don't think he has a case as he illegally re-entered the premises, which is trespass.
I pointed out the opposite - regardless of criminal trespass, a duty of care was owed by the security guard.

Also, the only thing that's thick is your waist line. Which makes me question the intelligence of some people in here who think you'd make a good security guard.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Security guard. I mean, the drunk dude was at fault too but what the security guard did is now illegal and he should know better.

You don't put drunks in choke holds. You get them in a wrist lock and when their wrist accidentally snaps, it was their fault for struggling too much.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can be argued that if he didn't illegally re-enter than the incident wouldn't of happened.

Both are dumb fucks and deserve whatever happens to them.

But thanks for basically regurgitating what I have already said. What would we do without your insight?
I think it would be extenuating circumstances if the guy suffered a serious injury. But we're only seeing the end footage. If the guy in question has assaulted the bouncer rather than just being a nuisance we don't know.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think it would be extenuating circumstances if the guy suffered a serious injury. But we're only seeing the end footage. If the guy in question has assaulted the bouncer rather than just being a nuisance we don't know.
Legally does that matter?

If the guy got drunk at the venue, they are getting fined at least and have to take responsibility for the patrons safety.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

If the guy got drunk at the venue, they are getting fined at least and have to take responsibility for the patrons safety.
If the guard was defending himself and patrons then legally, the guard is safe.

But if the guy was already controlled and the guard did it anyway, he's going to have fun with some lawyers.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah that's the unknown. If he got injured, the guard is in lots of trouble. If he didn't, he might still get into trouble depending on professional regulations.

Either way lessons have been dished out and will keep being dished out, legal or otherwise, so long as there are young blokes, because inevitably at least some of them (used to be us) are going get stupid on the drink and be idiots.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reminded me of a time when I was out at Mooseheads and I seen some drunk dude causing trouble in the club. Security guards try to get the dude to leave, he wouldn't. Drunk guy turns to one security guard and starts mouthing off at him then spat in his face. Security guard then grab the dude by the throat, pick him up off the ground and choke slammed him like he was The Undertaker from WWE. Dude got rag dolled something chronic.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If the guard was defending himself and patrons then legally, the guard is safe.

But if the guy was already controlled and the guard did it anyway, he's going to have fun with some lawyers.
Was enquiring of Alan 79.

Not you. Don't care to have your views associated with any enquiry I make.

Create your trouble and stinking up of threads with others. Leave my posts alone. No respect to any of your opinions.

Bugger off.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Was enquiring of Alan 79.

Not you. Don't care to have your views associated with any enquiry I make.

Create your trouble and stinking up of threads with others. Leave my posts alone. No respect to any of your opinions.

Bugger off.
For someone with no respect for my opinions you're quite emotional. Time to put your big boy pants on, child.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For someone with no respect for my opinions you're quite emotional. Time to put your big boy pants on, child.
You make me sick with your disgusting opinions.

You are disgraceful.

Ignore my posts.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You make me sick with your disgusting opinions.

You are disgraceful.

Ignore my posts.
You're overly dramatic.

If it is this easy for someone to make you 'sick' with their 'disgusting opinions', you must be an isolated individual without much of an ability to comprehend anything outside of your small world.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's very difficult to determine exactly what happened in the lead up. If he snuck back in and had friends with him buying drinks on his behalf they may avoid a fine for responsible service of alcohol. But the bouncer would want to hope that he was assaulted on video to provide some mitigating circumstances. He'll still be in shit IMO even if footage of him being attacked is available. But his actions in the video we've seen is beyond reasonable.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You don't need to have much of an IQ to realise you made the exact opposite conclusion to the one I pointed out. You said the security guard will have no case.

I pointed out the opposite - regardless of criminal trespass, a duty of care was owed by the security guard.

Also, the only thing that's thick is your waist line. Which makes me question the intelligence of some people in here who think you'd make a good security guard.
Get fucked you useless, fat, short man syndrome cuntrash.

Learn to read before talking shit, I didn't say the guard has no case, dumb fuck.

You pathetic ****, you will sprout any bullshit to try to convince yourself you are relevant to adult conversations where NOBODY on here gives a flying fuck what you think, let alone respect you.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You're overly dramatic.

If it is this easy for someone to make you 'sick' with their 'disgusting opinions', you must be an isolated individual without much of an ability to comprehend anything outside of your small world.
Not dramatic. Very calm about this. I have already told you I will not reply or engage with you and just disgusted with your filthy attitude towards most topics.

Just keep your distance. Your opinions are sad and twisted and I do not want anything to do with you.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Not dramatic. Very calm about this. I have already told you I will not reply or engage with you and just disgusted with your filthy attitude towards most topics.

Just keep your distance. Your opinions are sad and twisted and I do not want anything to do with you.
Imagine being insecure enough that you need to tell strangers on a public Internet forum to ‘keep their distance’.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Imagine being insecure enough that you need to tell strangers on a public Internet forum to ‘keep their distance’.
Where they are creepy, sad and weird, I have every right to tell you to bugger off.

Why you aren't permabanned completely perplexes me.

Just go about your trolling and taunting without any reference to me. It's not wanted.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Where they are creepy, sad and weird, I have every right to tell you to bugger off.

Why you aren't permabanned completely perplexes me.

Just go about your trolling and taunting without any reference to me. It's not wanted.
It's probably worth pointing out I replied politely to your post and contributed with an 'on-topic' commentary.

You then went off topic and started getting emotional and telling me how you don't 'respect me' etc.

Which is weird, because I'm not sure why you would assume I care whether or not you respect me. For that matter, I'm not sure why you would assume anyone on an internet forum cares whether other people respect them.