Melbourne teen choked out during brutal eviction from Croydon pub

Who is in the wrong, the 18 year old drunk patron or the security guard?

• Security Guard

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Drunk Patron

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS once you are asked to leave and do not leave or return to the premises, you are illegally trespassing.

With this dickhead, I would of informed him of that and then taken suitable action. For extra annoying c***s like this, restraining and calling the cops would of been the best action.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pubs probably need open barred restraining room (like tv westerns :grinning: located next to the bar in full view of patrons, whilst waiting for the cops to arrive.

Chuck em in there to wait and
be humiliated...revenge for the bouncers lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PS once you are asked to leave and do not leave or return to the premises, you are illegally trespassing.

With this dickhead, I would of informed him of that and then taken suitable action. For extra annoying c***s like this, restraining and calling the cops would of been the best action.
Do they still have that thing where they cant ell someone that they have to go more than 50 metres from the venue and not return for so many hours? I recall having something that read to me once in the Rocks (again, i was being a dickhead).

To be a good security/bouncer you need to have some serious patience with dickheads.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best way to "serve pub justice or get revenge" is to use the cameras to your advantage and "role play".

My favourite trick with ultra fuckwits is to approach them, stay about 2m away with your palms showing (passive defensive approach) WHILE quietly egging them on to throw a punch. Once the fuckwit throws a swing or makes a move, our reaction is nice and "legal" lol

Cameras will show you are doing the right thing, without audio it's your word against them and 9 out of 10 times, the law will be forced to side with the guard, even when they know your trick lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pubs probably need open barred restraining room (like tv westerns :grinning: located next to the bar in full view of patrons, whilst waiting for the cops to arrive.

Chuck em in there to wait and
be humiliated...revenge for the bouncers lol
Usually in the front foyer or the front door, to show other patrons they can't fuck around at that venue.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His license is gone. He will be lucky if he isn't charged.

People have to remember that guards are just citizens so the same rules apply to them too.

Many factors and questions in play here....

* We can't strike first, we can defend ourselves.

* We can use locks to subdue BUT only with reasonable force. Many other holds and locks to use. I have used headlocks before but never purposely continued to unconsciousness.

* What made it worse is that there is still duty of care needed no matter how much of a fuckwit the patron is. Once the fuckwit hit the ground, the guard should of checked his welfare and at the minimum put him in the recovery position (lie him on the side, one leg bent to keep him upright, gently position his head to the side and downwards, make sure tongue is out so it is not swallowed and assessed if further aid is needed.

* there was a big difference in body mass between the dickheads which won't work in the guards favour.

Don't get me wrong, over the years there were times that c***s like this deserve this treatment BUT guards, usually one who recently just got their license, forget that we are just citizens AND forget that the same cameras that can protect us can be your worst enemy too.
I want you as my bodyguard!
4F9207C2-4EE8-46E9-81E1-A16D22AF6840.gif

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do they still have that thing where they cant ell someone that they have to go more than 50 metres from the venue and not return for so many hours? I recall having something that read to me once in the Rocks (again, i was being a dickhead).

To be a good security/bouncer you need to have some serious patience with dickheads.
That's still a thing, we tell them they return in 24hrs but we prefer they actually move on, at least out of our line of site.

We usually call a cab and wait until it arrives when evicting as duty of care still applies outside the venue believe it or not.

You are spot on with patience, to last in the industry you need a very long fuse and brains, both street and book smarts.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Usually in the front foyer or the front door, to show other patrons they can't fuck around at that venue.
Should be a great deterrent.

But at the bar is more humiliating lol. Could have great fun throwing rotten food and like the olden days with stocks in the town square :grinning:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should be a great deterrent.

But at the bar is more humiliating lol. Could have great fun throwing rotten food and like the olden days with stocks in the town square :grinning:
Hahahhaa

Well TBH we restrained a stupid loudmouthed prick next to the urinal in one of the clubs I've worked at, didn't stop any bloke taking a piss lol

Yes, there was splash back lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’d be looking to sue the venue no matter how much of a fuckwit I had been. I shouldn’t have done what ever was done to get to this point but they fucked up as well therefore it’s compensation time. Clear cut. Maybe not a popular view but that’s just how things work.

Call it revenge or spite or just plain ego but I don’t think anyone would after an incident like that go yeah I deserved that I totally learnt my lesson. You are going to try and get yours back as much as possible.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looked way over the top. It's obviously only a small amount of footage. Would be interesting to see the start of it rather than just the ending. The security guard is in for some shit though I'd imagine.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Always skeptical when the only footage released miraculously only contains a few seconds of video prior to the 'awful incident'.

What happened to the seconds (or minutes) prior to him being thrown onto the ground.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’d be looking to sue the venue no matter how much of a fuckwit I had been. I shouldn’t have done what ever was done to get to this point but they fucked up as well therefore it’s compensation time. Clear cut. Maybe not a popular view but that’s just how things work.

Call it revenge or spite or just plain ego but I don’t think anyone would after an incident like that go yeah I deserved that I totally learnt my lesson. You are going to try and get yours back as much as possible.
I'm no fancy big city lawyer lol but I don't think he has a case as he illegally re-entered the premises, which is trespass.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I used to get a 24 hour ban from Parra Westfield when I was in school ffs

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm no fancy big city lawyer lol but I don't think he has a case as he illegally re-entered the premises, which is trespass.
It doesn't matter whether or not he trespassed, he was still owed a duty of care by the security guard. Unless the security guard can prove that his actions were necessary for the safety of him or other customers, he's going to have a tough time.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It doesn't matter whether or not he trespassed, he was still owed a duty of care by the security guard. Unless the security guard can prove that his actions were necessary for the safety of him or other customers, he's going to have a tough time.
Can be argued that if he didn't illegally re-enter than the incident wouldn't of happened.

Both are dumb fucks and deserve whatever happens to them.

But thanks for basically regurgitating what I have already said. What would we do without your insight?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Can be argued that if he didn't illegally re-enter than the incident wouldn't of happened.
You personally can argue that all you want, but any legal matter before a judge is only going to care whether whether or not a duty of care was owed and whether or not it was breached.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You personally can argue that all you want, but any legal matter before a judge is only going to care whether whether or not a duty of care was owed and whether or not it was breached.
Wow, you're thick.

Again you are just regurgitating what I said and trying to pass it off as new information.