Melbourne teen choked out during brutal eviction from Croydon pub

Who is in the wrong, the 18 year old drunk patron or the security guard?

• Security Guard

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Drunk Patron

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Who is in the wrong here... the teen or the security guard?
  • The teen was already evicted once from the pub
  • He then climbed a fence, played cat and mouse with the hotel staff for 45 mins
  • Once captured, he was choked, and man handled

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Choking out and what happens after is taking it way too far. They both should be charged. I think headlocks are ok when absolutely necessary but @ASSASSIN will know what’s in the teaching courses?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Security guard, behavioural therapist, take your pick, either way some people need treatment, and if they can't buy a clue as to what is wrong with their behaviour, its probably not going to be a licensed therapist helping them out, it'll be an unlicensed one...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dumb fuck pushed the wrong buttons, not sure what security manual that came from, probably in a bit of shit despite being pissed off.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I know for sure is that idiot wont be going back to that pub again lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Definitely need to hear @ASSASSIN's thoughts on this as a former bouncer and current Russian Mafia member who doesn't take shit from anyone.

Parev, brother Assassin,

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kid was an idiot obviously. To choke someone out and then drop them while he's unconscious is a fuckin dog act. Won't be surprised if the dumbass security guard gets sued
Agree. Doesnt take much to realise the guy was a dumbarse nuisance but if he was drunk from being served alcohol there then thats a further complication for the establishment. I know these fools are nuisances but geez we cant have these security cowboys handing out brutal punishments in public places and think thats the correct way to deal with these troublemakers. Jai Arrow just got fined for far less.

That security measure was way over the top and judging by their differing stature, the security guard had no concern for his personal safety from that wimpy looking guy.

I hope the security guy, his company and the pub are sued. Even if only for not checking his health status after he dropped him to the ground and hit head then picked him up like a rag doll and chucked him outside.

Regardless I would say the pub's clientele will drastically drop off after that clip gets shown all over Australia and probably OS via social media.

What he did did not deserve possible death or brain damage I dont think :(

Has there been a follow up of the guys health outcome anyone know?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks a bit over the top, but having worked in pubs years ago there's been plenty of drunk idiots who'd I'd have enjoyed watching this happen to.
Security guard has definitely used excessive force and should have placed the kid in the recovery position once it was known he was unconscious.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looks a bit over the top, but having worked in pubs years ago there's been plenty of drunk idiots who'd I'd have enjoyed watching this happen to.
Security guard has definitely used excessive force and should have placed the kid in the recovery position once it was known he was unconscious.
Really they are both lucky bc he had no control of the situation as far as clientele injury and due to pure good luck, and not good management, could well be on a manslaughter charge atm.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's fair enough

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been touched up by a bouncer two in my young and stupid days and quite frankly, deserved it.

This appears to be completely over the top, but as Vincent Vega would say...

1606353531854.png

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
His license is gone. He will be lucky if he isn't charged.

People have to remember that guards are just citizens so the same rules apply to them too.

Many factors and questions in play here....

* We can't strike first, we can defend ourselves.

* We can use locks to subdue BUT only with reasonable force. Many other holds and locks to use. I have used headlocks before but never purposely continued to unconsciousness.

* What made it worse is that there is still duty of care needed no matter how much of a fuckwit the patron is. Once the fuckwit hit the ground, the guard should of checked his welfare and at the minimum put him in the recovery position (lie him on the side, one leg bent to keep him upright, gently position his head to the side and downwards, make sure tongue is out so it is not swallowed and assessed if further aid is needed.

* there was a big difference in body mass between the dickheads which won't work in the guards favour.

Don't get me wrong, over the years there were times that c***s like this deserve this treatment BUT guards, usually one who recently just got their license, forget that we are just citizens AND forget that the same cameras that can protect us can be your worst enemy too.

Last edited: