Melbourne Storm Cheating Again ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The beginning of the season they were over the cap by 700k thereabouts. To get apparently get under they released; Blair, Kasiano and potentially Drinkwater. Now they are going to sign Kata and Max King. Even though these players are off lesser value, I don't think it keeps them under the cap especially considering all leftover top 30 spots have to be filled by minimum wage players. Topping this off is that they don't want to release Drinkwater unless they get compensation along with not giving us Stimson... grubby club

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about Cronulla? They were supposed to have a reduced cap this year and next and release Segeyaro's minimum wage deal which somehow gives them room for Dugan, Johnson, Morris and Moylan...

Then they re-sign two highly rated young forwards in Williams and Hamlin-Uele and will probably magically keep Xerri, Brailey, Flanagan and Nikora along with their other stars...

And no one in the media says a thing. The corruption in this comp is pathetic. Cheating the cap is a proven formula for success. The last time we did, we won two years later, even with a massively reduced cap.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who is to say they aren't offering those players minimum for remainder of this year with their clubs chipping in only for the Storm to pay the difference next season?

Moral of the story is you can cry yourself to sleep all night long over other clubs salary caps but you will never know how each deal is structured.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty sure Blair left Melbourne along time ago.

Drinkwater has been confirmed going to Cowboys.

From memory contracts run from November to November, so any transfers before June 30, you are only paying for the remainder of that year, so in that case about 5-6 months worth of the contract. Also, who knows how much the other club is paying for that contract as well

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Blair left Melbourne along time ago.

Drinkwater has been confirmed going to Cowboys.

From memory contracts run from November to November, so any transfers before June 30, you are only paying for the remainder of that year, so in that case about 5-6 months worth of the contract. Also, who knows how much the other club is paying for that contract as well
Yep you're right only I heard its November to October. Mind you that would be 1 November to 31 October.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cameron Smith all time greatest cheat! Dunno shit about their salary cap, but I do know that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
King would be on fuck all. He plays off the bench for Titans!

Kata is slowing up these days. He's almost on par with Mahe Fonua.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day they manage there cap well or hide it better then we have our spastics running our clubs book

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kata is NOT going to the Storm.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/06/15/kata-rubbishes-shift-rumours/

Kata, who has been playing in the Canterbury Cup side for much of the 2019 season, quickly shot down the speculation after his side’s 26-16 win over the Wentworthville Magpies at North Harbour Stadium.

“Nah. I’ve still got another year on my contract at the Warriors. I saw something on the media about that, but I haven’t talked to anyone. Right now I’m just working on my performance to get back up into the top side.

“I haven’t heard anything from my agent, or from the club. I just saw it, but it’s not important to me because I’m working on my performance [with the Warriors].”