Melbourne Joins Wests & Cronulla in Salary Cap Poo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Can see Kasiano at the Dragons, they tried to get him before. Parra as well cause they are a desperate basket case of a club.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/0f32d221d6455f24216774f0355d2fc3

In summary, $600k over the cap, Kasiano being shopped around, if they don't shed the $600k then excluded from rounds until they are and/or the last player in gets deregistered, that's Smith. Should be fun watching the NRL let them wriggle out of this one.

Go Dogs
The NRL is an absolute rabble. HOW can they let clubs sign players when it is known they will have to shed players to be cap compliant? Little bit of non due diligence don't you think???? AND yep Toddy is very quick to criticize clubs for not exercising due diligence........ Melbourne, Tigers and Cronulla and lol lol today Segeyaro has been re-signed by the Sharks.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute shambles, it going to be one bloody interesting season !! Going to love watching all this mess unfold in the coming weeks.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How can Kasiano be on big coin qhen we were contributing to his Salary?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/0f32d221d6455f24216774f0355d2fc3

In summary, $600k over the cap, Kasiano being shopped around, if they don't shed the $600k then excluded from rounds until they are and/or the last player in gets deregistered, that's Smith. Should be fun watching the NRL let them wriggle out of this one.

Go Dogs
How good is our club going ... good stuff. We bit the bullet last year and other clubs just thought they were happy to think there going to just cop a fine. Didnt work out that way. Well done doggies Admin

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sucked in Cam Smith for being greedy and waiting for so long to put pen to paper.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The NRL is an absolute rabble. HOW can they let clubs sign players when it is known they will have to shed players to be cap compliant? Little bit of non due diligence don't you think???? AND yep Toddy is very quick to criticize clubs for not exercising due diligence........ Melbourne, Tigers and Cronulla and lol lol today Segeyaro has been re-signed by the Sharks.
Exactly. Especially when such a big deal was made last year about how we couldn't sign anyone until we let go of x amount of players to be cap compliant.

As usual the same doesn't apply to the 15 other clubs with Cronulla signing Shaun Johnson and Segeyaro while over the cap and under investigation and likewise with the tigers signing Jennings.

The competition is a complete farce and I'm sick of our club continually putting up with being mistreated.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did dogzilla leave us for storms?
Because the super kadooper, best prop to have ever played the game wanted to move his family to another state and play for $20 a season to play under Sir Alex Fergu... I mean, Craig Bellamy THE best coach ever in any sport in any country.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can Kasiano be on big coin qhen we were contributing to his Salary?
I thought that we would still be contributing for Woods and Mbye for another 2-3 years.
I thought that we contributed to Kas salary, because we wanted to fix the cap and the fact that in the end was only good for 5- 10 minutes, and bellyache was going to make him trimm down and make him the best prop in the world..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I'm not sure if the NRL rules include the last recontracted player, or it's simply the last accquired (new) player.

I think you'll find it's last accquired new player (hence Sharks trying to do a dodgy and sign Segeyaro now). I will also mean Eiseneuth, or Vete go from Storm.