Melbourne! Is there any hope?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can win,if there ever was a bulldog upset this is it,and that donkey katoa that’s good for 2-3 errors a game needs to go,stick with topine he has the goods and dietz if we can get him in.
Anything better then the current crop

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing about Bellamy is he's so dedicated to his systems that his teams don't really play down to their opponents level. I have a feeling they're going to have a field day up the middle with Bromwich, Welch and big Nelson having their way and Papi running riot

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The line (predicitably) is out to 25.5. That's a minimun of 9 scoring plays (including conversions) to none.

Just looking at Melbourne's results this season (i'm guessing) they are 2-2 ATS this year.

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since we did so, but I assume it's done by crossing over the line with the goal posts with the ball in hand and planting it on the ground before the next line on the ground. An alternate method would be for one of our players to kick the ball into that same area and for any other of our players to put downward pressure on the ball while it's touching the ground simultaneously before it crosses the second line. Method three might involve a similar kick which our opponents pick up, in this instance we might be able to tackle that player hard enough to dislodge the ball and shortly afterwards apply downward pressure when the ball is touching the ground. There are other scenarios for scoring penalty tries, but I'm not going to go into them.

The Laurie Daley school of wisdom teaches that the trick is to finish the game with more points on the scoreboard.

The very simple answer is yes. Unfortunately I think it's not probable, but I won't give up hope.
haha. You'd think they've seen enough tries scored against them to know what it takes to nail one.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The line (predicitably) is out to 25.5. That's a minimun of 9 scoring plays (including conversions) to none.

Just looking at Melbourne's results this season (i'm guessing) they are 2-2 ATS this year.
what do you mean by 9 scoring players? isn't that 5 converted tries?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a must win for dogs to bring in some confidence.

Firstly how do we scored a try?
Secondly how do we beat them?
Is it possible for this team to beat them?
Just work on scoring some points on the back of any attack training we have done.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope of what?

Winning or keeping it under 100 points?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I always hold hope for the doggies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we score a try it will feel like we won the GF so who cares if we win or not. It will be a win for us if we can keep them under 30.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best chance is the bus driver for the Storms takes a wrong turn and ends up in Dapto.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The line was out to 27.5 at one point today (crazy stuff) , before dropping to 26.5.