Melbourne! Is there any hope?

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a must win for dogs to bring in some confidence.

Firstly how do we scored a try?
Secondly how do we beat them?
Is it possible for this team to beat them?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
unfortunately nope 0.01 % but u would be happy for them to score at least some points and stay in the game for a while i don't want to see 60- 0

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope... but we need improvement, a couple tries, some good kicking and direction from the halves, and Thompson starting to repay some faith

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Especially with Grant, Finucane and Kafusi likely to return. I'm hoping we can somehow jag a try, but I'm not confident of that either. Hopefully Thommo and Hethro fire up and Topine has another good game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm optimistic that if Barrett picks the right team that we can be more competitive.. But no, we can't win. The new rules don't allow upsets and they have too much strike power.. So it could still get ugly late in the game..

People need to remember it was 14-0 for fifty minutes last week and that was with Lewis going off after 10 minutes and with no Jackson, Thompson and DWZ who are all back this week.. So hopefully with all of those guys in, we can show improvement. But scoring will still be a problem, especially against Melbourne's defence which has only conceded 13 points a game so far..

The real test is the week after against Nth Qld who are winless and concede 30ppg. If we can't beat them or score, then we're in deep shit.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Harry Grant will do a similar job to what Damien did to us last game..Metres through the middle and Pap will kill us in support play. I FEEL for our young pups as they need alot of support and Veteran leadership to help them through the challenges.. Our vets have been long gone..

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends which c**t of a ref we get blowing the pea out of the whistle and the bell ringer on the 6 agains

it’s gonna be lopsided penalty count but just by how much

In saying that if any of these pricks deep throating the whistle would ever show some mercy and give us a fair go we’d probably go so much better

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its funny... imagine being a player and reading these comments honestly

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have absolutely zero chance of winning the fixture but I think the return of JJ, Thommo and DWZ will help us avoid an absolute bloodbath.
I would argue mate if Melbourne get a player sent off in the first 10 mins we would be a slight chance.