Melbourne! Is there any hope?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would argue mate if Melbourne get a player sent off in the first 10 mins we would be a slight chance.
Maybe if a couple of storm players somehow start punching on with each other, assuming they still get sent off. Then we’re a slight chance

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just want to see some improvement in the basics....our go forward, not give away so many 6 agains, no unforced errors, chase hard, defend hard and if we can keep them to 20 - 24 points I'll be happy

Any chance of winning?.........no chance, unless Melbourne get 4 head bins no returns in the first half....even then just a slim chance

Reactions: DT

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We won't score and we will lose by 30

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe if a couple of storm players somehow start punching on with each other, assuming they still get sent off. Then we’re a slight chance
Hahaha how good would that be sent off for punching one of your own players :tearsofjoy:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a must win for dogs to bring in some confidence.

Firstly how do we scored a try?
Secondly how do we beat them?
Is it possible for this team to beat them?
1) Off a lucky bounce from a kick
2) Pay the ref to send off at least 4 of their players. At 13 v 9 we're a 50/50 chance.
3) See 2) above

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I say we be proactive and put Tui Katoa to good use and sacrifice him to king hit Papenhauzen and Munster early. Not only will those 2 be ruled out but I reckon a couple of Storm players will throw a few punches of their own and be sent off. That’ll make it 12 on 11 in our favour with their 2 most dangerous weapons taken out of the equation also. From that point I reckon we can scratch out the Win.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No chance, around a 36-6 42-12 scoreline against us give or take a missed conversion..yep we are going to score at least this week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't care if we lose. The real win for me is getting 3 middle forwards to finish the game over 100m

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a must win for dogs to bring in some confidence.

Firstly how do we scored a try?
It's been a few weeks since we did so, but I assume it's done by crossing over the line with the goal posts with the ball in hand and planting it on the ground before the next line on the ground. An alternate method would be for one of our players to kick the ball into that same area and for any other of our players to put downward pressure on the ball while it's touching the ground simultaneously before it crosses the second line. Method three might involve a similar kick which our opponents pick up, in this instance we might be able to tackle that player hard enough to dislodge the ball and shortly afterwards apply downward pressure when the ball is touching the ground. There are other scenarios for scoring penalty tries, but I'm not going to go into them.

Secondly how do we beat them?
The Laurie Daley school of wisdom teaches that the trick is to finish the game with more points on the scoreboard.

Is it possible for this team to beat them?
The very simple answer is yes. Unfortunately I think it's not probable, but I won't give up hope.