Media report claims Roosters still have room in cap to fit Jarryd Hayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hayne by ANY chance ended up at the Roosters (even if they release Pearce) there should be a f&^ing riot outside the offices of the NRL. Cronk, Tedesco, Hayne - all in the 1 season seriously - you would have to be f&^ing kidding wouldn't you ? That would do me. I'd likely never watch an NRL game again if the Roosters are allowed to cheat like that.

• November 7, 2017 9:49am
  • by STAFF WRITERS
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Jarryd Hayne is reportedly looking for a way out of the Titans.Source: AAP
WITH Jarryd Hayne reportedly chasing a move back to Parramatta, the real reason for his willingness to take a big pay cut is revealed.

Plus, a left-field theory behind Cronulla’s Matt Moylan deal, Kieran Foran’s Bulldogs declaration, and Michael Morgan talks about his playing future.

Catch the latest news in Media Watch.

NEW THEORY FOR HAYNE’S EELS PUSH

A Jarryd Hayne return to Parramatta is gathering steam.Source: News Corp Australia
It’s been widely reported that Jarryd Hayne is looking for a way out of his $1.2 million Titans contract in favour of a move home to Sydney.

His partner Amellia Bonnici and their baby daughter Beliviah Ivy have moved back to the Central Coast and the Gold Coast club have confirmed they would consider a request for a release on compassionate grounds.

While the Roosters, Sharks and Newcastle may all have the salary cap room to accommodate the move, the reports linking Hayne with a Parramatta homecoming are strong.

And, speaking on NRL 360, senior The Daily Telegraph reporter David Riccio said there was a good reason, apart from being closer to his family, that Hayne was only interested in going back to the Eels.

According to Riccio, Hayne would be prepared to take a significant pay cut to link with the only club capable of rebuilding his tarnished brand.

“I see this Parramatta deal as almost a legacy contract,” Riccio said.

“Where that brand and that reputation, which is so muddied right now, he can go back to Parramatta, the club that gave him his start and he can rebuild his image in the last few seasons of his career.

“It would be on the basis of a half a million dollar a year pay cut.”

NRL 360 host Paul Kent said there’d be plenty of upside for Parramatta should they choose to bring Hayne back.

Upside to Hayne-Eels return

1:31
“Parramatta’s a club without a major sponsor,” Kent said.

“If they land Jarryd, and this is the enigma of the guy, it’s immediately going to have this burst of publicity and exposure.

“Whoever comes in as the major sponsor will get good value for money.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRL won't accept an undervalued contract on a player unless it's to sign with Roosters.

Jewsters need to be careful. There's an old saying... a team of stars doesn't make a star team.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at the editor:
  • by STAFF WRITERS
There's no way this has credibility.
That's not fair! I went to schools with Staff - he's not a bad bloke except when it comes to footy.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL won't accept an undervalued contract on a player unless it's to sign with Roosters.

Jewsters need to be careful. There's an old saying... a team of stars doesn't make a star team.
The saying is
A champion team will always beat a team of champions

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It could be a big positive for another club if the Roosters picked Hayne up. There are a couple of very good players begging for the chance to play fullback there and i think it might piss them off if that glory hound waltzed in and made them play second fiddle. I highly doubt that taking a pay cut is on Haynes agenda. One of the things i took note of when he spoke up about running off to NFL was that it annoyed him that the NRL took a cut of players third party deals. So I'd guess he hasn't stopped being money hungry all of a sudden. If he moves to a club for less money under the cap I'd expect that the club luring him there is doing some shifty deal to get his signature.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe another presant from old uncle Nick to his beloved Poosters before he calls it a day.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I were a Roosters fan I wouldn't even want him, had a 35% win rate at the Titans.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They'd have to flip him upside down and fit Haynes feet in the cap. Even the Roosters can't afford the material required to make a cap that would fit on haynes head.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
of course they can, they will just leak scrubs failing drug tests to the news outlets

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is a Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum who lost $91,000,000.00 yesterday in the Melbourne Cup - money can't buy a Melbourne Cup win.

Take a good look at this, Politis. This is the same look you'll have on your face next year when your cocks choke and get knocked the fuck out, you cheating scumbag!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely only if Pearce decides to exit stage left!
Not even uncle Nick could convince the NRL he can fit Tedesco, Cronk & Hayne legit.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cough, cough, cough...get me a Strepsil, nearly doing a Rooster here with my choke.

Reminds me a bit of that old saying...."fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice shame on me"....shame on you NRL.......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely only if Pearce decides to exit stage left!
Not even uncle Nick could convince the NRL he can fit Tedesco, Cronk & Hayne legit.
Maybe the jury would be out on that one.......

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didn't know players at the roosters played for free?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't know players at the roosters played for free?
Yeh that's how much they love robbo and the roosters. Some take unders other blokes play for free.

What a great club to be a part of, everyone taking paycuts and doing charity work to stay there

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.) Tabasco
6.) Hayne
7.) Cronk
9.) Friend

That almost wins you a comp....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score