Media Nonsense re Burton

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didnt hear the media whinge when the next big thing Ponga signed with the wooden spoon Knights..
This is complete & utter drivel from George Clarke for Fox Sports..

BURTON SHINES AT HOME

Just how much must Burton be regretting signing for Canterbury?

After all the wrangling over whether the Panthers would release him to the Bulldogs early, the 21-year-old must be wondering if there is any way he can get out of that Canterbury contract.

He’s winning every week and he has held onto his spot on Penrith’s left edge. Why would you leave?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garbage media drivel that tells us how another person feels, thinks ‘must be wondering...’

Why doesn’t this lazy media clod do his job and interview Burton and ask him?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Garbage media drivel that tells us how another person feels, thinks ‘must be wondering...’

Why doesn’t this lazy media clod do his job and interview Burton and ask him?
They have, and they still don't listen lol

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt hear the media whinge when the next big thing Ponga signed with the wooden spoon Knights..

BURTON SHINES AT HOME

After all the wrangling over whether the Panthers would release him to the Bulldogs early, the 21-year-old must be wondering if there is any way he can get out of that Canterbury contract.

He’s winning every week and he has held onto his spot on Penrith’s left edge. Why would you leave?
Jealousy .. 8 premierships.. penriths last was 2003.. ours was 2004.. 2 gf appearances 2012/2014 and one for them last year and no win yet . Let them be salty. Kick a team while they are down is the story of our life but us fans are still here.. even if we are on life support

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would he leave? let's see:

1. Plays in his preferred position
2. Plays under someone who saw his potential long before his current coach did.
3.Penrith will feel the cap squeeze shortly and will start imploding.

I won't be surprised if Leinu is regretting resigning with the Panthers considering he is not getting much game time.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the same media that write stories about how there shouldn’t be expansion because there isn’t enough top shelf talent to share around? Ridiculous

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he leave? let's see:

1. Plays in his preferred position
2. Plays under someone who saw his potential long before his current coach did.
3.Penrith will feel the cap squeeze shortly and will start imploding.

I won't be surprised if Leinu is regretting resigning with the Panthers considering he is not getting much game time.
4. Immediate significant pay rise compared to the money he’s on at Penrith and as you say might struggle to get due to forthcoming cap squeeze.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
The media summed up..
"Bulldogs poor roster management and recruitment have turned them into a basket case"
We sign some good players and then
"Gee X player and X player must be really worried about going to the Bulldogs"

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

BURTON SHINES AT HOME

He’s not regretting sh!t, Penrith are paying him Peanuts and he’s not going to earn the same $ playing centre as he would be playing in the halves.

Greg Clark might well be living under a rock, we are recruiting heavily for 2022 and beyond..This will be Burton’s team and he’ll be loving it.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Burton becomes a top gun 7 or 6 he'll be on $1M+ a season by the end of his contract. He won't ever get that playing at centre regardless of how good he is

TBH I've always been sceptical of this alleged media bias against the Dogs but FFS now I finally see it. I can't wait until we get back on top so we can stick it up them. I just hope we beat the Rorters or Souths to get there....nothing would piss the media off more than for us to beat one of their protected species

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
9. He’ll be the “main man” living out in the shire beachside like most of the Dogplayers sipping on almond lattes pondering the riches of moving across to a club that will be built around him.

let’s be honest, Penrith didn’t value him as much as some of the other players they were desperate to resign and now they realised “oh sh!t, he goes alright at centre”... even then, the top centre’s are paid 700k tops, he can earn over 1M in the halves.

He’s coming & we will go close if not win a comp in the next 3yrs.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton can be one of the biggest names in the game but to do so, he needs to be playing in the halves which he cannot do at the Panthers with the mouth and sonny boy in the '6' and '7' jerseys

in fact, I think Burton can and will be the best five-eighth in the game... he will be the long term halves partner to Cleary in the rep teams

Burton will also likely be worth $800K-$1 million a season from 2024 onwards

and simply put, Burton getting squeezed out of the Panthers and signing for us is one of the aims of the salary cap --> parity across the league