Meaney signs with Storm

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is centre and wing not multiple positions?
Naden can’t play centre, we’ve all seen him in the centers for us this year, dogshit. Didn’t you see how many times he crowded out JAC instead of running direct to attract his opposite number and make more room for his winger? He can only play wing and as back up at best. Meaney plays both wing and fullback fairly solidly. The Meaney haters will tell you we needed someone stronger and bigger to make meters at the start of sets but fail to recognize that Naden gets driven back and is a big cat. On the weekend Naden was carting the ball back from a kick and sees a wall of defenders in front of him, what does he do? He gives it to Dufty to hit it up who is half his size. I’ve never seen that before, looked like he was scared.

2021 tackle success rate - Meany 85%, Naden 69%

Under the High Ball - Meaney > Naden

2021 errors - Meaney 0.82 per game, Naden 1.86 per game

Goal Kicking - Meaney > Naden(doesn’t even kick)

Speed/Pace - Probably the same

Salary offered by the dogs - Naden > Meaney. Another Barrett masterpiece

I rest my case

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Didn't watch the Storm game, what did I miss to make everyone start nutting themselves on the spot over this dud?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember when all the people with no idea said he’d be lucky to play three games for Storm and that was just during origin. Geez there’s some funny people on here..
It helped his case George Jennings getting injured.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okenbour will be a star at the dolphins

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted to keep him. Thought he always played consistently well when he played here. At Fb I thought he had potential to be a star due to his speed.

I was also glad he left us to go Storm as he will kill it there as he’s shown. If Papi is out and they give Meaney a run at FB I’ll be interested to see how he goes. Good on the kid.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Moses Mbye the worst player in the world made Meaney look like Superman... lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Move on.. We lost Nick Meaney, not Jonathan Thurtson again.. It's not worth losing any sleep over. Every outside back looks good at the Storm.

Once round 11 comes and we can play Kiraz, Toia and some other kids, no one will be talking about Meaney..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure what we have lost. Saw him play for the storm a few times. Not too different with us. On the end of a 5 star backline. Mitch Brown would look just as good.