Reaction score
Meaneys better than Jennings, my guess is he’ll end up outside Reimis

1. Paps
2. Meaney
3. Reimis
4. Olam
5. Coates

That’s a pretty quick backline
But Jennings is only marking time for Lumelune who they see as their next big thing.

So he won't be competing with Jennings, he'll be competing with Lumelune.

He'll be their Mr Fix It for injuries throughout the outside backs and FB, maybe play some bench. If he's good enough compete with Lumelune and maybe even Reimis if their form drops.

No gurantees, just opportunities.

Basically - Hynes model 2022.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But Jennings is only marking time for Lumelune who they see as their next big thing.

So he won't be competing with Jennings, he'll be competing with Lumelune.

He'll be their Mr Fix It for injuries throughout the outside backs and FB, maybe play some bench. If he's good enough compete with Lumelune and maybe even Reimis if their form drops.

No gurantees, just opportunities.

Basically - Hynes model 2022.
Sorry, not Lumelune, the other one Leremie? or something like that?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone care to put a few grand on it that Meaney is more than just a ‘fill in’? I’m happy to put 5k up that he plays more than three games during origin. I’m very serious, we can organise it through one of the betting apps and put then post the screen shot on the Kennel. I’ve put similar bets up before but no one wants them even though they’re so sure and opinionated. Anyway offer is out there. If he signs with Storm he’ll play more than just origin time. 5k against 5k. Just a money where your mouth is type thing.
Good luck with that mate. I’ve challenged many members on here to back their convictions with a wager and not once has anyone agreed to a bet.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck with that mate. I’ve challenged many members on here to back their convictions with a wager and not once has anyone agreed to a bet.
I did, remember when you changed your name to 'Noeasyday was right'.
It was over kicking metres or something like that.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I did, remember when you changed your name to 'Noeasyday was right'.
It was over kicking metres or something like that.
That’s right mate you stepped up to the plate with that one. I was more talking about whenever $$ have been on the table though

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s right mate you stepped up to the plate with that one. I was more talking about whenever $$ have been on the table though
Bit hard to do cash bets with a stranger on the internet, and to be fair, my luck with the horses lately has been ordinary so I wouldn't take a cash bet right now lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOLLLL Meany is going to Melbourne to be a towel boy, maybe his fan boys should that way too.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney would be a decent player in a strong squad. He’s a typical Melbourne style signing to fill the gaps, not a superstar but will do ok. In our case we seem to field too many decent or average players with no top quality so if he goes all the best to him.
Remember Brenko Lee now has a NRL ring on his finger

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney doesn't have a strong running game or a passing game. How is he playing 6 on any team. You can count the line breaks that Meaney has made since being in first grade on one hand. I cannot remember many try assists either. His attributes are that he is safe under the high ball and has a bit of speed. He would look better in the Melbourne system as most players do. He offers nothing to us except he is safe and rarely makes a mistake. We have JAC and Cotric on the wings next year and potentially Avo or Allen at Fullback.
He needs something we don't do at Canterbury - player development.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a ridiculous bet to take, what an even more ridiculous bet to offer.

I'd ask how much money you blow in stupid bets except I can't believe you're serious.

What I'd bet, no money (because I'm not stupid) just bragging rights, is that if there was somebody stupid enough to take you up on that bet and stump their stupid $5k, you wouldn't.

Or are you that stupid?
Mate, put up or shut up. Money talks, bull shit walks.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two other bets were for 10k each, they would be in my previous posts.
Lichaa would never play origin and Manly will finish above us this year. Would be a very easy 20k up now! Happy to be called out and cop a lifetime ban if someone comes to the party and I don’t follow through.

Personally I hope we keep just end up keeping Meaney.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney is all good, happy he’s going to storm for a go. Good luck , won’t be missed..!!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he’s been pretty good for being on a losing team - for the chances that have come his was, but he’s no number 6. I personally thinks he’s a good fit as a winger. He’s got speed but maybe needs some upper body bulk. The wingers in the NRL are getting bigger and faster. I hope we keep him, I don’t think he’s been part of the players who haven’t tried to step up when it counts this year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hasn't even fuckin signed there and there are 5k fantasy bets being thrown around fkn LOL.

Kid should go there though be mad not to, fwiw he would likely play more than 3 games for all those queueing up to take Bondi on :laughing: