Mbye has finally found his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

He was outstanding tonight. At the ground you could sense the Storm were caught out by just how well he was going. He did take a couple of bombs during the night and was sniffing around the ball a fair bit. It might also not have come out on TV but he was marshalling the defence pretty well all night. All in all it was a great debut at FB. Bonus also that his goal kicking was pretty good too. Even the one he missed he struck pretty well.
Yeah mate I agree. He was very busy the whole game. That stupid kick when we had numbers to catch & pass was the only brain snap he had from memory.

Also, in relation to the ISP game I have now seen.
There is a phenomenon in sport where you sometimes play as ordinary as the grade you are in. Take any of those forwards and put them into first grade and I will guarantee they will perform ten fold

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was outstanding tonight. At the ground you could sense the Storm were caught out by just how well he was going. He did take a couple of bombs during the night and was sniffing around the ball a fair bit. It might also not have come out on TV but he was marshalling the defence pretty well all night. All in all it was a great debut at FB. Bonus also that his goal kicking was pretty good too. Even the one he missed he struck pretty well.
He just needs some confidence and he'll be alright... He certainly proved to me he can cut it as a FB. The ability to break tackles, step and weave shocked me. During the trials I said he needs to play like Coote not Barba.. I think he can do both which is promising.

Good info too about him marshalling the troops back there, u just don't get that on TV... U reckon his got a voice on him?

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How good did Moses look returning the ball from the back tonight! From his first touch he looked dangerous and he had that feeling he could create something out of nothing. He wasn’t tested under and bombs but if he keeps running the ball back like he did opposition are not going to kick to him.

He still has to work on backing up the forwards but he’s only going to improve from here. He even chimed in with a couple of kicks that found grass. With a bit of luck he could have had 2 try assists. Hopefully he keeps getting better from here and solves our fullback problem for good and earns his huge pay check.

Spell check

It’s pay cheque unless you’re from USA

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate I agree. He was very busy the whole game. That stupid kick when we had numbers to catch & pass was the only brain snap he had from memory.

Also, in relation to the ISP game I have now seen.
There is a phenomenon in sport where you sometimes play as ordinary as the grade you are in. Take any of those forwards and put them into first grade and I will guarantee they will perform ten fold
Yes true I guess. A couple of those blokes have played good games at rep level so maybe they can step up but you wouldn't want a wholesale change for next week. Bring one in at a time and see how they go. I think Tualau is a must if the 13 stay the same. That means either Elliott or Eastwood get a rest.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Extremely promising signs from Mbye. It is annoying that it has taken until he is 24 to find his correct position. He has missed years of positional training.
Can anyone advise what is now the best site for NRL stats?????

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Extremely promising signs from Mbye. It is annoying that it has taken until he is 24 to find his correct position. He has missed years of positional training.
Can anyone advise what is now the best site for NRL stats?????
I don't even think it's as much as finding his correct position, it's more of just playing him in a role that suits him and getting his mindset right and encouraging him to do what he does best.

I would love to see what type of player Moses would have been now if he had signed with the Storm instead of us when Bellamy wanted him. His plan at the time was to play Moses at 6 with Munster at centre before eventually moving Munster to fullback.

Munster over the years developed from a strong ball runner to a stronger ball runner with far better game sense and ball skills to eventually become one of the most dangerous players in the game. He's can also slot between fullback and 5/8 with seamlessly.

Is it unreasonable to think that Moses could perform close to or at a similar level as Munster right now if he made the switch?

Yh now that NRL stats quit stats are harder to come by. Foxsports might update them later in the week with full match stats for each game.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was very excited after seeing his first kick return

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye's footwork and speed made him a danger whenever he touched the footy. Decision making when ball playing will hopefully improve with time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's no barba, barba would sniff out the ball.
Mbye goes MIA
Don't forget to use capital letters in surnames. I don't know why you can't see the forrest through the trees....Mbye didn't go missing in his first game at fullback. He played well and looked dangerous. He will get better.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ideally if we structured our cap better.

1. Mbye
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
9. Lichaa

Foran and Reynolds would have complemented each other perfectly.
Yeah they would. Foran would run straight and Reynolds could crab sideways. Ideal really!

Status
Not open for further replies.