Mbye edges ahead in race to play hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gun player but I'd rather have Reni in the middle

Rookie rake Moses Mbye has emerged as the most likely replacement for Michael Ennis as the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vow to win the grand final for their injured skipper.
Canterbury coach Des Hasler was again giving nothing away at the grand-final lunch on Thursday, saying only that he had "a couple of options" but not going into any detail into which way he was leaning.

Hasler often does not make a final call on team selections until game day and he is likely to again keep South Sydney guessing until just before Sunday's kick-off.
While his options include Damien Cook, Reni Maitua, Josh Reynolds and Josh Jackson, it is understood Hasler is slightly leaning towards playing Mbye in what will be just his ninth NRL game.
That will allow Mbye and Reynolds to spend time at dummy half and also allow the premiership-winning coach to carry four forwards on the bench.
Ennis remains almost no chance of recovering from foot fractures in time, saying his situation "hasn't changed" since he was last grilled about it on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-nrl-final-20141002-10pehb.html#ixzz3F2Wrcv9D

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I would pick Mbye over Reni. Cannot have another Reni brainsnap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i think the beat option is mbye at hooker swapping with jackson when frank comes on. Moses will offer the best service from dummy half out of all out options, his defence is also okay. If he needs a spell just slot jackson for 15min or so.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Mbye would also be my choice for hooker and if it's true that yesterday somebody mentioned in another thread that the Bulldogs are flying his parents into Sydney then it appears more than likely he'll get the nod ahead of the others

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd go with Reni for the first and last 20 mins with Moses in the middle.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des wont pick mbye and reni it will be one or the other,it would be reni for defence and experience mbye for cleaner balls from dummy half and speed out of dummy half

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go with Reni for the first and last 20 mins with Moses in the middle.
Same. I don't think Moses will be effective for 80 mins. It's a huge ask for him to jump into hooker in a grand final

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the beat option is mbye at hooker swapping with jackson when frank comes on. Moses will offer the best service from dummy half out of all out options, his defence is also okay. If he needs a spell just slot jackson for 15min or so.
I think this is the best option. Hopefully Jackson can play a hinchcliffe type role.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His one on one defence is awesome just hope he trails around the middle and doesnt fall for any dummies. Ennis defence and experience will be a big loss but im backing moses for a big one.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
whispers around that Ennis will play

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Des will go for Reynolds with T-Rex at 5/8.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is zero chance of reynolds playing hooker

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I hope so because he, Jackson & Lafai have formed a strong partnership on the right edge both offensively and defensively but it would be a pretty big risk going with a kid (as talented as he is) in his first year of 1st grade who hasn't played in a while.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Ennis will either be 100% fit or he won't play. Des is not dumb enough to put an injured player into the Grand Final. Also you don't recover from fractures in 7 days even if your heart is willing. Don't know enough about Mbye at hooker to know if he is a good choice but he is the logical choice, he has first grade experience and will be surrounded by big men who will assist.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything thing is whispers atm. Des wants them guessing up until game ... No one will know until the official side is released on game day.. I believe in des and that he will make the right choice

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vow to win the grand final for their injured skipper.

This is what I LOVE to hear!!!! It's time to keep your promise boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.