Max Walker 1948-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So sad to hear of his passing. Tangles was one of the most endearing characters of the cricketing world. Stumps drawn on a great life.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...ker-dies-aged-68/ar-BBwIgIw?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Sports commentator and former Australian Test cricketer Max Walker has died aged 68, after a two-year battle with cancer.

Sporting greats and media personalities have taken to Twitter to pay tribute, after his death was confirmed this morning.

Cricketers including Nathan Lyon and Dean Jones remembered Walker for his contribution to the sport, his cheerful attitude and story-telling abilities.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Maxy Walker. What an Ozzie icon. Ive never been much of a cricketer, but I tell you what, for any of you younger guys fit enough to run in and roll your arm over for a few deliveries...try the tangles long striding arms and legs flayling looping approach to the wicket then emulate how he half rolls his arm over then starts it again for the actual delivery. It is nothing but fun. No other way of bowling a cricket ball delivers even half the fun you experience in this delivery. So the big fella was having the most fun possible playing the game that would define his life. By gees by jingoes by crickey...or was that Mr Gibson.

Well played big Maxy. I loved your enthusiasm. RIP Mr Walker.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Max! I use to love watching Wide World of Sports as a kid. Great commentator!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Man how did I not know about this? I liked the bloke.

RIP

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bill: Grahemy Labrooy? His name's Graeme Max...

Max: Yes, well. All his team mates have such long and complicated names. Seems a shame for this young man to miss out. I think I'll just go on calling him Grahemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.