Max King

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither had the engine to hack it in first grade.
Possibly Ogden yea but atoni had the raw power to be able to handle first grade imo wouldn’t be surprised if he holds down a first grade spot with the chooks

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to think Ogden copped a bit of a raw deal, never did anything wrong he was solid imo but Barrett clearly didn’t like him or atoni, we don’t see them every day at training etc so i trust there were reasons
When Barrett first signed, he actually mentioned Atoni and Ogden as players with untapped potential. So he did have high hopes for them. Not sure where it went wrong though

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Possibly Ogden yea but atoni had the raw power to be able to handle first grade imo wouldn’t be surprised if he holds down a first grade spot with the chooks
he is only back up at the chooks

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atoni frustrated the hell out of me, heaps of ability, and at times i thought he was going to be a top player. But he always seemed to struggle with the pace and intensity of first grade. Hence his limited game time. Might not be the toughest of players to put it nicely.

Will be very interesting to see how he goes at the Chooks.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atoni frustrated the hell out of me, heaps of ability, and at times i thought he was going to be a top player. But he always seemed to struggle with the pace and intensity of first grade. Hence his limited game time. Might not be the toughest of players to put it nicely.

Will be very interesting to see how he goes at the Chooks.
He has a lazy attitude.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I tend to think Ogden copped a bit of a raw deal, never did anything wrong he was solid imo but Barrett clearly didn’t like him or atoni, we don’t see them every day at training etc so i trust there were reasons
I think it comes down to what we think they are worth and what they might think they are worth.

barett maybe wanted to resign them on minimum wage maybe they thought they were better then that.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it comes down to what we think they are worth and what they might think they are worth.

barett maybe wanted to resign them on minimum wage maybe they thought they were better then that.
Very much doubt that atoni wouldn’t have gotten any more than minimum wage maybe 50k over and Ogden will be off to the super league imo just think Barrett didn’t rate them

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Barrett saying at the start of the year we had a couple of good young forwards who impressed him and he mentioned Atoni and Ogden specifically, so he didn’t go into the season not wanting them. A lot of guys just didn’t lift (or appear to give a shit) this year, so I’m happy we’ve cleaned them out.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Barrett saying at the start of the year we had a couple of good young forwards who impressed him and he mentioned Atoni and Ogden specifically, so he didn’t go into the season not wanting them. A lot of guys just didn’t lift (or appear to give a shit) this year, so I’m happy we’ve cleaned them out.
Yeah I remember that too and by the end of the season half of our front rowers were injured or suspended and he was picking 18 year olds over them so clearly the more he saw the less he liked i suppose

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any mug can pick the best in form players and say we should sign them. The cap won't allow that, that's why the trick is to scout players who haven't reached potential in their current environment and are keen to prove them selves. I think King Falls in to this category.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very underrated player. He just needs to stay healthy but if he does, he’ll be in the 17 somewhere IMO.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hurray at least someone can see the logic and can count as well, bonus.

For NRL and NSW Cup teams we need between 42 and 45 players, which may or may not include development players. Obviously 30 of those will be on NRL Contracts and the rest will be on NSW RL Contracts. Some will be on Train and Trial Contracts. I wouldn't be getting too hung up on who is in the 30 and who isn't until the season starts, plenty may well be cut before then.

However I do not agree that Stimson is a plodder, he has bad run with injuries but now over them hopefully he can continue the good from he displayed towards the end of the season. I am not writing him off.

FWIW I haven't heard that Doorey has even had the ACL surgery, let alone is "recovering" from it. There was other injured ligaments and a bruised meniscus which would have slowed down the surgery.

Always a Bulldog
Stimson did play well the last few game - defensively was particularly strong but offered little in attack.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had we signed nicholls, host or sorensen at the start of the season, there would have been some people complaining about it. Yet they were good enough for teams that played in gf.

King will join us around the same age as hetherington did. With more nrl games jack had at that time if i read the stats right.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Had we signed nicholls, host or sorensen at the start of the season, there would have been some people complaining about it. Yet they were good enough for teams that played in gf.

King will join us around the same age as hetherington did. With more nrl games jack had at that time if i read the stats right.
I was a Nicholls fan tbh.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He looks strong in highlights I saw on YouTube
.. they are only highlights though aren’t they but if he can stay on the field he can build & progress into a really good player