Matty Johns: The must-have recruit who could spark Bulldogs attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We not only need Roger, we also NEED Matty Johns, the guy has a very good eye
Matty Johns is a pea brain....we need him like network tv needs Reg Reagan. If we could afford to recruit a player of that caliber (which I doubt we can) we'd be better going for a top class 9 or half. We wouldn't have let Mbye go if we could afford someone like RTS, in any case....it ain't happening. When Matty made this suggestion, we had Mbye to play fullback and Hoppa/ Bmoz as back up....we were much more in need of a half.....did not take Nostradamus to see that the Foran signing may well have gone wrong.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matty Johns is a pea brain....we need him like network tv needs Reg Reagan. If we could afford to recruit a player of that caliber (which I doubt we can) we'd be better going for a top class 9 or half. We wouldn't have let Mbye go if we could afford someone like RTS, in any case....it ain't happening. When Matty made this suggestion, we had Mbye to play fullback and Hoppa/ Bmoz as back up....we were much more in need of a half.....did not take Nostradamus to see that the Foran signing may well have gone wrong.
Matty Johns knew we didn't have the squad to make top 8 even though we supposedly upgraded our team. He also didn't fall for mbye being any good at fb. Anyone that can see through mbyes shittalk has my approval.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Matty Johns knew we didn't have the squad to make top 8 even though we supposedly upgraded our team. He also didn't fall for mbye being any good at fb. Anyone that can see through mbyes shittalk has my approval.
haha oh come on, Wolfie.....you just hate Mbye so much you're willing to blow smoke up the arse of any old fool who says he's not the solution. Still every chance Mbye will succeed at fullback. He was not let go because he is crap, he was let go because he had enough upside to attract a decent offer from a rival club. Most people said we didn't have the squad to make the 8. I predicted us to do well but was very clear I was just enjoying the chance to be optimistic after the soul crushing Des years and was predicting based on my heart and not my head......most experts (and kennel members) predicted we'd be in for a rough year and many fans on here rubbished our supposed key signings and expressed serious concerns about them.

Both Johns brothers are fuckwits who never pass up the opportunity to take potshots at this club. At least Andrew has some sort of clue about footy analysis. Matty is nothing but a second rate clown. He also had no idea about our financial situation if he was suggesting we should chase RTS. Fantasy talk.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
haha oh come on, Wolfie.....you just hate Mbye so much you're willing to blow smoke up the arse of any old fool who says he's not the solution. Still every chance Mbye will succeed at fullback. He was not let go because he is crap, he was let go because he had enough upside to attract a decent offer from a rival club. Most people said we didn't have the squad to make the 8. I predicted us to do well but was very clear I was just enjoying the chance to be optimistic after the soul crushing Des years and was predicting based on my heart and not my head......most experts (and kennel members) predicted we'd be in for a rough year and many fans on here rubbished our supposed key signings and expressed serious concerns about them.

Both Johns brothers are fuckwits who never pass up the opportunity to take potshots at this club. At least Andrew has some sort of clue about footy analysis. Matty is nothing but a second rate clown. He also had no idea about our financial situation if he was suggesting we should chase RTS. Fantasy talk.
How much do you think RTS wants?

Not sure if you're aware that Eastwood's leaving this season, so thats 800k freed up that we didn't get much use out of for the last few years anyway.
Sounds like you have the same issues with Matty Johns as you think I have with mbye. The difference is mines not personal and there are grounds to my opinion of mbye. He basically lied to us all, made out he was the next JT and subsequently we lost Hodko to him and indirectly lost Reynolds a couple of years later. His shit talk fooled many people. I still can't fathom how he could have been paid 650k to play no 7 yet admitted after he got caught out that he never learnt how to kick over the goal posts .

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Not sure if you're aware that Eastwood's leaving this season, so thats 800k freed up that we didn't get much use out of for the last few years anyway.
Sounds like you have the same issues with Matty Johns as you think I have with mbye. The difference is mines not personal and there are grounds to my opinion of mbye. He basically lied to us all, made out he was the next JT and subsequently we lost Hodko to him and indirectly lost Reynolds a couple of years later. His shit talk fooled many people. I still can't fathom how he could have been paid 650k to play no 7 yet admitted after he got caught out that he never learnt how to kick over the goal posts .
I know it's an old article but rts has since re-signed with the warriors till end of 2022. So he's definitely not coming to us.

I think the situation with Moses is that he played a handful of decent games and was over hyped massively, so our genius then coach in his infinite wisdom decided that he was totally worth the ridiculous 4 year contract that was tabled. I don't blame mbye, I blame the three stooges

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Lol you have a bizarre way of spinning things. Explain to me how Mbye lied to us. Your perception that Mbye is arrogant is no more factual than mine that Johns is a bonehead.

Do you really think we’d have released all these contracted players if we were in any sort of position to sign RTS? Even if
Pay didn’t want these players he would not have released three long term players and a new recruit who happens to be best mates with our best player mid season. Clubs just don’t conduct business that way. One player, yeah ok, maybe...but club’s don’t tejease gour contracted players mid season unless they are neck deep in shit.

I’d imagine we’ll have a bit to spend after all these player releases, but not too much.... we certainly don’t be signing players of the caliber and expense of RTS.

Johns is a clueless fool who was talking out of his reverse pie hole as usual. I don’t have any hate for him. He just is what he is- a second rate comedian and third rate footy analyst.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost Hodko who was on his last legs and hasn't proven to be any better since leaving the club. Hodko was the halfback who was throwing the ball to a prop on the 5th multiple times in his last season with us because he found himself out of space and out of time. Reynolds as much as I rate him, was not a good fit for his club, i'd have taken him over Foran because he was cheaper, faster and less injury prone (although this season they seem to be matching each other on the last front) and both of them need a controlling halfback which we don't have. A halves pairing of Foran and Reynolds would have been disgusting to watch this season. Mbye was literally the only player in our team before Lewis got moved into the top 30 with his departure who had a decent long kicking game.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs did well with Reynolds. Offered him $450k which is what he is worth. Tigers offered him $750k which is what he aint worth.

Hodkinson went for better money but the club made a decision to keep Mbye over him. While I supported the decision to get rid of Hodkinson, a halves pairing of Mbye and Reynolds was never really going to work. They thought Mbye would become a game manager. They were wrong.

All in the past though. The past board, CEO and coach made some shit decisions. That is why they are all gone. The new board have their chance. Feel a bit sorry for them though as they are stuck with Foran on $1 million a year. I see what he does every week compared to what Pearce has done for the Knights on similar money.

Put it this way. If Pearce was our halfback this year and Foran signed with the knights we would be challenging for the 8 (and the knights went after Foran). Thats how much difference a good halfback makes. Knights are 5 from 8 with Pearce. 2 from 9 without him

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck off RTS!! please stay where you belong with all the other wanna be if I could beeees

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The dogs did well with Reynolds. Offered him $450k which is what he is worth. Tigers offered him $750k which is what he aint worth.

Hodkinson went for better money but the club made a decision to keep Mbye over him. While I supported the decision to get rid of Hodkinson, a halves pairing of Mbye and Reynolds was never really going to work. They thought Mbye would become a game manager. They were wrong.

All in the past though. The past board, CEO and coach made some shit decisions. That is why they are all gone. The new board have their chance. Feel a bit sorry for them though as they are stuck with Foran on $1 million a year. I see what he does every week compared to what Pearce has done for the Knights on similar money.

Put it this way. If Pearce was our halfback this year and Foran signed with the knights we would be challenging for the 8 (and the knights went after Foran). Thats how much difference a good halfback makes. Knights are 5 from 8 with Pearce. 2 from 9 without him
Kieran will work out OK IMO, he will be a great and invaluable help to young blokes like Lewis and Cogger! what a great mentor!!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran will work out OK IMO, he will be a great and invaluable help to young blokes like Lewis and Cogger! what a great mentor!!
Mate if there was a vote on this page for president this post would get you over the line.........

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off RTS!! please stay where you belong with all the other wanna be if I could beeees
RTS is a gun... Wish we got him in all honesty.

The FBs in the game are Slater, RTS and Tedesco.

Then come Tommy T, Whighton, Dufty, Edwards and the likes...

Ponga and Holmes on the way up..

I also rate B-French who I reckon has some uncapped talent wasting away on the wing. Kids quick, has footy smarts and can pull a trick out in an instance.... Something we desperately need. Kid wants out too...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
TVS has been rocks and diamonds and can have real quiet games. Hes great when hes on but. We dont need a fullback as a priority Hopoate has been very decent there. A fullback cant steer the team around though and thats what we need most.

It would be safe letting Lewis learn his trade if he had an experienced half with him.

Next priority would be to get some decent players out wide to replace Mozzes. So we dont let in 1000 tries next year out there.

Then hooker

Im picking Hopoate to be our FB next year. And hes fine there. One of our better players. Him, Klemmer and Martin have to be core players. The rest is up for grabs.

With halves we dont know how likely it is Foran will come good. Pay would have a better idea. Lets hope so coz we have to pay him anyway, and someone like him playing well is what we need in the halves. He has experience that would help Lewis. I see Lewis as a decent yet green player who has huge upside.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You want more than that out of your Million dollar baby though

Status
Not open for further replies.