Matty Johns: The must-have recruit who could spark Bulldogs attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think going for RTS is a waste of time and resources.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let's wait and see how Moses slots into the fullback position.
I believe we have the nucleus of a really competitive team.

Reactions: DT

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Storm chasing him hard to take over Slater. More than likely will stay in NZ.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye would be more creative fullback than RTS, he is faster, and has a better passing game , RTS is just a better all round FB.
I think Lichha holds the key to our attack.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is Matty Johns reading our threads from 3 months ago? Most of us already said to go after RTS and Fusitua.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If Johns thinks we're not gonna make the 8 then I'm willing to bet that WE WILL make the 8 lol I also think Mbye will have a red hot crack at fb this year. We've all seen glimpses of the potential he possesses but seriously it's time for him to step up & fuckin own a position in this team. He's a genuine speedster & 2018 could be the year we unlock his potential. Idk if it's just me but I have a good feeling about this season!!!

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This really is rubbish journalism. ..." I’d look at Roger Tuivasa-Sheck,”

“They need that sort of player, the Bulldogs. Roger would be someone that would give them an enormous lift.”

How is that urging the Bulldogs? Having a average opinion is not urging anyone.

Everything Johns says has an ulterior motive. I have never heard him try to help the Bulldogs in anyway. He is probably trying to get them to put Mybe back in the halves, maybe it has something to do with Cogger.
I have only seen Johns interest with the Knights and whomever sucks his cock.

It's so hard to find new, real and information on the Canterbury these days as there is so much sifting through all the crap. Thank god for the Kennel
Totally agree. Probably RTSs manager getting Johns to spruik his player and get a better price. Players only go to the warriors for cash and low intensity footy. We wont need him anyway. I'm backing Mbye to perform at fb!!!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really Matty?!! We need a fullback more than a half? We need to chase players like Cleary or Morgan first before RTV. In fact with the money we will have from 2019 we will be in the market for some big players but a half is our number one priority.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In regards to Mbye being a success for us as a fullback i think support play & his willingness to get involved are key areas to look for in attack. The biggest question mark will be his positional play in defence and his effectiveness under the high ball. Hopoate had two telling flaws as far as i was concerned and that was his lack of pace & his positional play fielding attacking kicks. He was outstanding taking bombs.

On Hoppa, I think he will go quite good in the centres and i predict he will create plenty of opportunities for Montoya and Jackson with his ability to break tackles and poke his head through the line.

If Mbye doesn't have a good season at fullback then i think he has a fallback as a 5/8th playing alongside a fit and confident Foran. This will allow us to enter the market and look for a genuine strike #1. If he does have a good or encouraging season at fullback then I guess we wait and see who becomes available and what positions require attention. Goal kicking is still a massive area of concern... Someone like Cleary would be absolute gold to us especially if he starts butting heads with Griffin...

The key to our season is Foran. If Foran plays well it means that not only do we have a genuine first class playmaker in the team (nice change) but it will also means that: 1) Our forwards are doing their job 2) Lichaa is playing well and giving good service out of dummy half and 3) Moses is performing at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.