Matts and ball trials

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
According to NSWRL website the first Jun reps game against the Roosters will be on NSWRLTV.
Yes, I saw that. They are showing a game in each comp every round. Unfortunately the Dogs only feature in the first round. Not another Dogs game for the rest of the season.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Abit off topic I heard bulldogs junior comp changing age groups now,there doing a 17s and 19s now,any truth to this?
Is this to stop kids leaving ?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Abit off topic I heard bulldogs junior comp changing age groups now,there doing a 17s and 19s now,any truth to this?
Is this to stop kids leaving ?
Parramatta petitioned to change the age group so 17’s weren’t playing 18’s.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My son turned his back on three jersey flegg teams 2 were train and trial and 1 was very little money and very far away ,he opted to stay at home and try to cement himself in Ron Massey, only 19 still, turns 20 this year, played sg ball last year and after that went straight to Sydney Shield last year in a extremely very good team,, they like him and want him for Sydney Sheild/ Ron Massey, contract also, he also trained one night a week with reserve grade, in open age he did really well in it and is a middle forward, Ron Massey is definitely tougher and as fast as jersey flegg, Sydney Shield is as fast and as rough and sometimes tougher than flegg, SG Ball is so slow and not as physical, he got a few games off bench in Ron Massey after playing Sydney shield games towards the last 4 or 5 rounds in a row. Has he made a good or bad decision staying put, most players after flegg drop ou,t or good ones go to Shield and Ron Massey especially middle forwards, only if your a good spine player or a freak you progress to reserve grade far quicker, interested in your thoughts as player managers are rubbish unless your the next big thing, you find this out the longer your with them.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My son turned his back on three jersey flegg teams 2 were train and trial and 1 was very little money and very far away ,he opted to stay at home and try to cement himself in Ron Massey, only 19 still, turns 20 this year, played sg ball last year and after that went straight to Sydney Shield last year in a extremely very good team,, they like him and want him for Sydney Sheild/ Ron Massey, contract also, he also trained one night a week with reserve grade, in open age he did really well in it and is a middle forward, Ron Massey is definitely tougher and as fast as jersey flegg, Sydney Shield is as fast and as rough and sometimes tougher than flegg, SG Ball is so slow and not as physical, he got a few games off bench in Ron Massey after playing Sydney shield games towards the last 4 or 5 rounds in a row. Has he made a good or bad decision staying put, most players after flegg drop ou,t or good ones go to Shield and Ron Massey especially middle forwards, only if your a good spine player or a freak you progress to reserve grade far quicker, interested in your thoughts as player managers are rubbish unless your the next big thing, you find this out the longer your with them.
Get him out of the bulldogs comp,dogs got billion feeder clubs,whole system is rigged

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Interesting story thanks for sharing. From my very limited experience it seems as though they identify players early as in before Matt’s and then invest heavily in them extra money, training etc. if your not one of those players not sure how it works. The Jacob Kiraz podcast gave some good insight. He didn’t make Matt’s or Ball for the dogs. Got picked up by St George for ball and then a NQ recruiter liked him. May need to move around. It does seem like more eyes are on Flegg than Masey. But I wouldn’t really know.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a difficult road to navigate. Can you take the train and trial option and keep the Ron Massey door open. The Jersey Flegg systems will have more exposure from the club with an easier pathway to Cup.
Ron Massey is a good standard hopefully that can feed into NSW Cup.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate you need to get in a system
Shield and massey is for those who didn’t make it or coming bsck when they are older
If he gets the opportunity to go elsewhere id take it
If you need help on managers DM me

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get him out of the bulldogs comp,dogs got billion feeder clubs,whole system is rigged
He isn't in dogs comp, he was a Penrith junior, but politics forced him and others out, thanks to the Country folk deals. On his second player manager already. Train n trial was chooks and eagles, with storm a far away option, he always does things the long hard way, didn't go to a football high school, which is more important than weekend football now. All the teachers are coaches everywhere through junior reps.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate you need to get in a system
Shield and massey is for those who didn’t make it or coming bsck when they are older
If he gets the opportunity to go elsewhere id take it
If you need help on managers DM me
Thanks Bulldogsteve, I think for him his best opportunity was eagles personally, would have got game time for sure. I'm scratching my head, but for him it was 3 nights a week, 1hour and 15 mins away each way, and him working all day, I think he is comfortable where he is, a couple of his Shield team mates older ones were picked up by reserve grade Parra and other NRL clubs. I think current player manager runs out this year. Next year he may be hungrier and put up with travelling cause he still loves playing, hates the politics though.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks Bulldogsteve, I think for him his best opportunity was eagles personally, would have got game time for sure. I'm scratching my head, but for him it was 3 nights a week, 1hour and 15 mins away each way, and him working all day, I think he is comfortable where he is, a couple of his Shield team mates older ones were picked up by reserve grade Parra and other NRL clubs. I think current player manager runs out this year. Next year he may be hungrier and put up with travelling cause he still loves playing, hates the politics though.
Yeh its tough mate. My mate is assistant at parra fleg, 4 nights a week training
Big commitment especially if you are working

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh its tough mate. My mate is assistant at parra fleg, 4 nights a week training
Big commitment especially if you are working
Interesting mate, he actually played for Rhinos u18 v Wenty in gf at Belmore, was offered a trial by Parra but stayed for his second year of contract for his sg ball team.