News Matt Lodge suffers suspected ACL injury

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If there's one player I wouldn't feel sorry for, it would be him.

Greenberg must be devastated that his adopted son and a role model as great as Lodge can't play.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where is the Wests Tigers forum reaction?

Tigers' fans were booing every time he touched the ball last time they played lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gone for four months according to a report from Fox just over an hour ago. Partial tear so once again we have an injury report exaggerated so we feel sorry for the player and the team.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The 117kg Lodge is Brisbane’s most important prop and is viewed as a leader by the club.
You can terrorise a family in new york and be convicted for it and have your club publicly call you a leader.

But you can't post your religious views on social media, despite it not being criminal to do so.

In fact if you post unpopular religious views on social media, the boss of the NRL will ban you from the code despite you not even asking to join it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos enforcer Matt Lodge has suffered a suspected season-ending ACL tear in a crushing blow to Brisbane’s premiership hopes.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Lodge collapsed at training yesterday with Brisbane’s No.1 prop sent for immediate scans, the results of which will be known this afternoon.

The Broncos face a nervous wait and are hoping the scans will show Lodge has only suffered a more minor knee injury.

But Lodge is privately resigned to his 2020 campaign being over before it starts with the Brisbane bookend believing he has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.

A knee reconstruction would end Lodge’s season with the prop facing a likely eight-to-nine month recovery.

The loss of Lodge for an extended period would be a devastating blow to Brisbane’s hopes of launching a premiership charge in the wake of their 58-0 finals debacle against the Eels last year.

The 117kg Lodge is Brisbane’s most important prop and is viewed as a leader by the club.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/f731fbbf7d9a98302a701c5ab08ba43a
Good.

No Sympathy here.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You can terrorise a family in new york and be convicted for it and have your club publicly call you a leader.

But you can't post your religious views on social media, despite it not being criminal to do so.

In fact if you post unpopular religious views on social media, the boss of the NRL will ban you from the code despite you not even asking to join it.

Exactly how I feel hey. I mean I stayed out of those threads.

I’m someone that believes im strong in my religious beliefs. Though I also don’t have the same religion as Folau.

I don’t need to go on about my views to anyone and to be honest most of my mates wouldn’t even know I pray daily. They know I’m religious and have my own views but I don’t push or even really debate or discuss. That’s between me and God.

I’m far from a roll model and have done some terribly stupid things and I was probably one of the loosest idiots around in my 20’s. I still think now how lucky I am for my wife (been with her since we where late teenager kids)

Though I’ve never hit a women or a child or anything so disgusting. That shit and pedos are the absolute scum of the earth. That and those that abuse the elderly.

The fact Folau copped what he did when dudes like this scum bag or bird or lui or whoever else smacked their misses about is a big as a joke as the salary cap with the roosters

I get he is a icon to kids and they hang on what he says though surely that isn’t as bad as the message sent that oh you can beat a women or do this and you will be alright. You can get another contract somewhere else?

My rant anyway.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People in Brisbane need to start locking their doors and buying guns for protection! A terrorist is on the loose!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I’m someone that believes im strong in my religious beliefs. Though I also don’t have the same religion as Folau.

I don’t need to go on about my views to anyone and to be honest most of my mates wouldn’t even know I pray daily. They know I’m religious and have my own views but I don’t push or even really debate or discuss. That’s between me and God.

I’m far from a roll model and have done some terribly stupid things and I was probably one of the loosest idiots around in my 20’s. I still think now how lucky I am for my wife (been with her since we where late teenager kids)

Though I’ve never hit a women or a child or anything so disgusting. That shit and pedos are the absolute scum of the earth. That and those that abuse the elderly.

The fact Folau copped what he did when dudes like this scum bag or bird or lui or whoever else smacked their misses about is a big as a joke as the salary cap with the roosters

I get he is a icon to kids and they hang on what he says though surely that isn’t as bad as the message sent that oh you can beat a women or do this and you will be alright. You can get another contract somewhere else?

My rant anyway.
I agree 09. But the real outrage is Todd and the NRLol allowing these scumbags to play our game.

What Folau said is minor by comparison to these physical assault crimes.

There's no comparison in real life...physical harm is far worse and it was crazy that any of those guys were permitted back into the game and copped lesser fines than Elliott and Fine even.

It highlights the inept leadership of the NRL with these decisions.

However I still disagree with Folau telling gay kids they are going to hell...none of his business to my way of thinking.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel so sympathy for Folau, hes a knob of the highest order, but absolutely people like Lodge are 1000x worse. The fact that the NRL allows these scumbags to continue playing is absolutely reprehensible. It also seems insanely case by case, look at Jack De Bellend, he will prob never play again, yet Lodge is a captain???

The shit he did in the USA isn't even the worst thing he did. I used to know a guy who works for NSW Police (he isn't a cop though) and he saw Lodges file. The guy systematically abused his partner and it only stopped when he did it in public and some people saw. All of this was swept under the rug but I am 100% sure the NRL knows about it. They reckon letting them play is some kind of rehabilitation.

Fuck em off. Maybe it will make the next abuser think twice about what he is doing when he may lose his entire career over it.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another thug Russell Packer might be medically retired. Very fashionable these days

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

My rant anyway.
An honest and well thought post. no one is perfect but honestly doing certain things is a place you just don't go.

Forgiveness is good but once again certain things are unforgivable and to make someone an icon after what he did just leaves a really bad taste in one's mouth.

Freedom of speech is available for all and no matter whether we agree or disagree it is something that everyone has a right to...beating on your missus or on anyone else is not a right.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another thug Russell Packer might be medically retired. Very fashionable these days
Just in time to save the Tigers from another cap disaster and get another big money chewer off the books....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
An honest and well thought post. no one is perfect but honestly doing certain things is a place you just don't go.

Forgiveness is good but once again certain things are unforgivable and to make someone an icon after what he did just leaves a really bad taste in one's mouth.

Freedom of speech is available for all and no matter whether we agree or disagree it is something that everyone has a right to...beating on your missus or on anyone else is not a right.
Spot on. Doesn’t mean we have to agree with opinions others have. That’s the difference with Folau be it saying shit kids don’t need to hear from an idol or not. He’s entitled to his views no matter how warped some can be.

No one is entitled to molesting kids or slapping women around.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/if...be-talking-footy-instead-20180306-p4z34w.html

In my eyes No amount of rehab excuses him for what he did and if the indications from OP's is any guide he has done a lot more than we have been privy to.

Both his parents are/were? respected members of the police force..... should they not have guided him better? Then again this is the age of NOT taking responsibility for ones own actions, although from all accounts in the media, he has done just that with his reparation to his victims and his counselling.