bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is this not cheating the cap?
View attachment 61176
Most players don't leave that kind of money or job security on the table, but maybe he's very confident something will be sorted out before the season kicks off. Maybe he realized he's a much better player at a top team. He just cashed in at the Broncos and Warriors.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most players don't leave that kind of money or job security on the table, but maybe he's very confident something will be sorted out before the season kicks off. Maybe he realized he's a much better player at a top team. He just cashed in at the Broncos and Warriors.
Yeah but is his market value $1K a week?

edit - nevermind, my bad its irrelevent

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wonder what the limit would be too how many players can be on this sort of deal?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think they might be taking the piss… out of the Reynolds situation.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but is his market value $1K a week?

edit - nevermind, my bad its irrelevent
Not sure if NRL forces that, if a player wants to play for free/next to nothing not sure they can do anything about it. I think he's just holding out for the new salary cap.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good deal for the rooters with this fubar'd cap situation.
I'd take this guy for next year over cilly sunts like Omarsheed suggesting Taupau(constantly) ffs

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if NRL forces that, if a player wants to play for free/next to nothing not sure they can do anything about it. I think he's just holding out for the new salary cap.
Its hard to believe the cap hasnt been finalized.
Yes there are hurdles but they have had years to sort it.
Billion dollar industry and they cant get it done.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not coming up with an BS excuse for the Scum Roosters, but my guess would be that within the next few weeks hopefully everyone will know what the cap will be, so in order not to lose Lodge, they’ve given him a token train n trial contract just to keep him on their books before actually signing a longer term deal

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably hoping to move someone else out of their Top 30, and just finalising the deal. Putting Lodge on a T&T takes him off the market until that other player gets cleared.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not coming up with an BS excuse for the Scum Roosters, but my guess would be that within the next few weeks hopefully everyone will know what the cap will be, so in order not to lose Lodge, they’ve given him a token train n trial contract just to keep him on their books before actually signing a longer term deal
That’s spot in bro.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s probably on the money. They are still robbing the NRL salary cap auditors blind though,

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree, don’t think it’s rorters at play here rather the comp being ran by a bunch of fools who haven’t released the cap for the next season.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
no they have a notional value, a player who was on $800k cant play for $60k, thats the maximum a train and trial player can play for.
I dont confess to know the exact maths on it but id say have to be $550 to $650 minimum.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi guys NRL here, $12 million cap.

How fucking hard is it?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
no they have a notional value, a player who was on $800k cant play for $60k, thats the maximum a train and trial player can play for.
I dont confess to know the exact maths on it but id say have to be $550 to $650 minimum.
Obviously it isn't that way when Lodge is on a train and trial.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Obviously it isn't that way when Lodge is on a train and trial.
It is , train and trial can not play first grade unless they are upgraded to a full time contract. The contract he signs the nrl would have a notional value of his worth.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone find out how many brown bags on top of the $1K?