Matt Lodge reaches agreement to pay back victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/06/20/matt-lodge-statement2/
As IF he wrote the statement.
As IF he will be paying the amount himself.

FULL STATEMENT TRANSCRIPT
In relation to the New York civil proceedings against me that were outstanding, I can confirm that a mediation took place in New York on the 11th of June, 2018 and an agreement was reached, which resolved the matter.

I’m thankful to those impacted by what I did in 2015, that a resolution has been reached. I want to reiterate how sorry I am for what happened and how it has impacted them.

I cannot disclose any other details of the agreement as it’s confidential, however I can say I will pay the agreed amount by myself.

In recent months I’ve worked with my legal team to ensure they get to New York and move the situation forward. I was represented in New York by my lawyers, by my dad and Paul White also attended to provide support where needed.

An independent mediator oversaw the mediation.

I wanted to reach a resolution that satisfied those affected by my actions and allowed me to make good on the civil claim.

That’s now been achieved.

Again, I want to say how sorry I am for my actions. Moving forward I now have a young family; my partner Jess and child Coby and I fully appreciate the consequences of my actions on a daily basis.

I have been through a range of rehabilitation programs and contionue to do community work as well as completing my university study. I think about what happened in New York every day and it drives me to be a better person, a better father and a better member of society.

I know that I have to continue working hard to earn the respect of the entire community and the NRL community. I’d like to thank my family and friends, the Brisbane Broncos and especially the NRL for their continued support.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and of course Broncos have asked NRL to renew his contract.... HOW TIMELY !!!

Apparently has taken out a loan to pay the victims straight away...

Sorry but I reckon he's been bailed out here by the Broncos.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

cringe

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

You were critical of him for no action, now there is action, your cynicism gets the better of you!

You were positive about the actions that Packer made, when in all fairness he did an even shittier thing.

Caveat: definitely not condoning what Lodge did at all, but he's paying something to the victims, who deserve to be compensated accordingly.

And I personally wouldn't have let Packer or Lodge back into the NRL....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos paying it for sure : watch him quickly re-sign on a “owe it to the club for taking the chance on me”

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a asshole, for sure he owes those people compensation for what he did, it shouldn't have taken 3 years to do that though.

The NRL should let him keep playing........ as long as all the prop forwards of opposing teams are reminded before each game he was the guy who told a woman "tonight is the night your going to die" so they can tackle him just that little bit harder, and maybe whisper that in his ear in the ruck from time to time to see how he likes it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You were critical of him for no action, now there is action, your cynicism gets the better of you!

You were positive about the actions that Packer made, when in all fairness he did an even shittier thing.

Caveat: definitely not condoning what Lodge did at all, but he's paying something to the victims, who deserve to be compensated accordingly.

And I personally wouldn't have let Packer or Lodge back into the NRL....
No no no ... I was critical of him for never taking responsibility of the fact he fucked up.

Even now he isn't. It was almost as much about "how much a great guy Matt Lodge is", as "sorry victims".

He fucked up, and failed to put his hand up and own it for a long time. Instead he skirted responsibility, came back here, got a gig in starting lineup for Broncos, and STILL (in my opinion) has not paid his dues.

It's like murdering someone and getting a 12 month good behaviour bond.

Even now I highly doubt Lodge is contributing to his victims expenses. It's claimed he took out a loan.. and maybe this is what the Broncos have paid off for him.

The timing stinks... as Broncos are pushing NRL to approve his contract extension (no doubt at a substantially higher pay rate).

By contrast Packer admited he fucked up. He went to jail and scored himself a criminal record that will forever impact his life. He paid out victims compensation immediately. Whilst in prison he started studying, and when he came out had a child, bought a house, and completed his study. He worked with kids that were troubled youths as to not go down his path, and did a stack of charity work.

It was only after all this that the NRL accepted him back into the game.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No no no ... I was critical of him for never taking responsibility of the fact he fucked up.

Even now he isn't. It was almost as much about "how much a great guy Matt Lodge is", as "sorry victims".

He fucked up, and failed to put his hand up and own it for a long time. Instead he skirted responsibility, came back here, got a gig in starting lineup for Broncos, and STILL (in my opinion) has not paid his dues.

It's like murdering someone and getting a 12 month good behaviour bond.

Even now I highly doubt Lodge is contributing to his victims expenses. It's claimed he took out a loan.. and maybe this is what the Broncos have paid off for him.

The timing stinks... as Broncos are pushing NRL to approve his contract extension (no doubt at a substantially higher pay rate).

By contrast Packer admited he fucked up. He went to jail and scored himself a criminal record that will forever impact his life. He paid out victims compensation immediately. Whilst in prison he started studying, and when he came out had a child, bought a house, and completed his study. He worked with kids that were troubled youths as to not go down his path, and did a stack of charity work.

It was only after all this that the NRL accepted him back into the game.
Look, I can’t get further into this debate with you as I don’t want to be seen siding/supporting Lodge - I’m not.

I’ll make it easy for you - they’re both scumbags!

You just view one scumbag better than what I do and vice versa.

Again, in my ethical world they both shouldn’t be playing NRL...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Again, in my ethical world they both shouldn’t be playing NRL...
Oh look I agree... it should be a case of any offence, any criminal charge, and you start looking for another job. Any drug detection, first strike, and you are gone.

A perfect example is Ferguson... who sexually assaults someone, and gets off scott free despite pleading guilty. Now you get stories on how he turned his life around.
Or Paul Pepdite Gallen.

Yet serial moron Todd Carney can't get a run.

The game has ZERO ethics and credibility when it comes to this sort of thing.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Piece of shit only took 3 years to decide that he should pay the amount that he had already been told to pay by the courts......it took mediation to decide that...well done fukwit.

Wonder whether the boo's he has got everytime he touches a footy helped him decide, oh and yeah most likely the broncs helping him out wink wink.

NRL fuked up and should have made an example of him! NRL fail again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.