Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He cost us any sort of momentum or anything when he kicked out on the full and dropped a kick off lol. He is HORRENDOUS
He wasn't horrendous, he had some good touches after those massive shit errors. Honestly we don't have anyone else banging down the door to get picked but i atleast saw something in him tonight he can possibly build off. I also remember Croft kicking the ball out on the full in a similar area.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our bench is our weak link.

Storm had Bromwich Glasby and Kasiano coming on, we had Tolman Elliot and Eastwood.

Unfortunately until we clear up the old salary cap mess and sort our roster we cannot be anything more than a fringe top 8 team. We are missing a bench and a couple more class players.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our defence on right edge was shithouse, first try for them Jackson was groggy I must admit, and they picked him out like a dirty booger!
But Eastwood Elliot no lateral movement whatsoever
Need a mobile edge forward coming off the bench

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our defence on right edge was shithouse, first try for them Jackson was groggy I must admit, and they picked him out like a dirty booger!
But Eastwood Elliot no lateral movement whatsoever
Need a mobile edge forward coming off the bench
Hoppas defended like he was Lafai last night. Stayed out when he should have come in, come in when he should have stayed out. He left Jackson isolated against a faster man. Hopefully he is just finding his feet again in the centres.

Much different defening in the centres than at FB.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree frawley isnt the problem its half the team aswell we dont have structure and match fitness,nrl is alot quicker now and doggies squad is flat and can only peform for first 20min maybe should stick to nsw cup because beyond that we are just making the numbers up in the nrl with the team we have thanks to hasler

N

Natboy

Throw Lewis in the deep end.
Other teams aren’t afraid to do it.
Frawley & Tolman aren’t first grade standard. Our bench seriously lacks impact & I think that will be addressed.

I was at the game but have recorded the game to have a different look

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We still have an issue with our clearing kicks. Its been like that for years.

We consistently kick down the throats of our oppositions backs and they always start of their sets on the halfway line

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frawley needs to be bombarded with bombs at training untill he can catch a ball. Last season he dropped a few and he's just lucky that storm were offside last night. Once again with that bench this side will be going nowhere once klem woods and fualalo come off. Can't score and defend untill they come back on considering they couldn't even defend last night. Tolman Eastwood and Elliot all fucked up at some point that's pretty much the whole bench. At least some go forward will give decent field position

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I knew as soon as Frawley kicked out on the full everyone would go Chernobyl on him but all the kickers had the same problem last night and he was under a fair bit of pressure with that kick. His passing was pretty good and his defence was much much better than last year. The rest of his kicking game was no worse than satisfactory and given the wind was going in all sorts of directions last night it wasn't that surprising that a lot of the kicks weren't big one. The only one who handled it was Johnson in the first game and he is one of the best. The best player in the reggies yesterday was Brown. He was much better than Lewis. So if anyone comes up it should be him.

Natboy is spot on with the bench though. You could feel it at the ground when our benchies came on. We just lacked any impact whereas Bromwich comes on and scores and Welch, Glasby and even Kas come on and their go forward is still red hot. I said yesterday that I thought the benches would determine the outcome and sadly for us it did.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
agrees The only concern I had about this team was the inclusion of Frawley and the first half has shown up his shortcomings like kicking out on the full.
He is still playing desball and oh what happens when we put mr plodder front rower on he passes the ball on the Melbourne line and give3s it back to them typical. On the plus side our fullback is playing top football in his new position.
You guys are too hard on Frawley.
You were all singing his praises after the Broncos game last year before Des put the chain on him.
You can demote Frawley but who do you replace him with ?
Cleeland is out injured for a month and as much as I admire Lewis , I genuinely believe he's not quite there yet.
It's not desperation stations . We would've knocked most sides off last night with that attacking performance.
Take away two Josh Addo Carr tries last night which one was fluekish and the score is 24-18

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys are too hard on Frawley.
You were all singing his praises after the Broncos game last year before Des put the chain on him.
You can demote Frawley but who do you replace him with ?
Cleeland is out injured for a month and as much as I admire Lewis , I genuinely believe he's not quite there yet.
It's not desperation stations . We would've knocked most sides off last night with that attacking performance.
Take away two Josh Addo Carr tries last night which one was fluekish and the score is 24-18

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In fairness I did say Frawley was still playing desball. Maybe a long talk with Deano will get it out of his system

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frawley finished the game better than he started but damage was done

Pay won’t make wholesale changes and I would give the starting 13 another game together

The bench however needs an overhaul

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah but that is the difference in games. You can't have a half that is a mixed bag. His two errors were unforgivable, especially at the time he made them. He is TERRIBLE.
It comes down to one simple thing. Frawley was given his chance first up and he blew it . Inconsistency in the important role of 5/8th is unforgiveable. Maybe Terry Lamb should speak to him. If he won't listen to him then forget him.
Try someone different. Other clubs don't say this or that person is not ready yet for first grade blooding. No one really know unless they are given a chance to step up to the plate if they are going to make it or not. Some players really lift in first grade others fail like Frawley has shown. We have our new half Foran showing how it is done . If he gets injured we are in deep poo poo.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawleys improved he just has to cut out silly errors like dropping balls or kicking out on full just not acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.