Opinion Matt Dufty

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know his shit in defence but fcuk me how stupid can a coach be to play him in the line for defence in the middle either side of the ruck.
All fullbacks defend in the line one off the ruck on their own goal line. It means you have 13 defenders vs 12 attackers (1 attacker playing the ball). Then the fullbacks who actually defend well wait until the ball has cleared the ruck, and run across the try line in the direction the ball is headed to. They then slot in where needed or defend the kick in behind. Watch every team and name one who doesn't do exactly that.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbaz is copying the Penrith playbook lol did you notice how he was taking 4th tackle hitups like Edwards did last week
Yeah I noticed Penrith using edwards when they played us. He always got a quick PTB allowing Cleary time to get a kick away. Then noticed yesterday Dufty always running on the 5th tackle. Difference being Dufty always got manhandled and mostly got slow PTBs. Lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't stomach the cowardice efforts. Decent fulbacks are saving just as many tries as they are involved in, or atleast in the frame to save.

Dafty runs out of the way
100% he always puts himself in a position to hide or slip over making a poor attempt.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All fullbacks defend in the line one off the ruck on their own goal line. It means you have 13 defenders vs 12 attackers (1 attacker playing the ball). Then the fullbacks who actually defend well wait until the ball has cleared the ruck, and run across the try line in the direction the ball is headed to. They then slot in where needed or defend the kick in behind. Watch every team and name one who doesn't do exactly that.
Yes Ur right.. what I was saying was why would u tell Dufty to do it when u know he is basically an opening in the defence line let alone one off the ruck where usually power plays happen.

A sensible coach would tell duty to go into marker or hover behind the line where he isn't a fukn gateway.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all thought that last year when we said Burton Tpj naden is coming.
Going to need more than Mahoney to fix us. Baz needs to pull his head in and fix our structures and call out the refs when they stuff up. If he doesn't do this then he is good as gone.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had a go,and did alright. And is very dangerous in broken field. Just not consistent.

Malla

Reaction score
I honestly think Dufty has been great. He’s not the problem at all. What shits me is Jackson had the nerve to have a go at him last week for not pushing up in the middle… did Jackson realise he would have been passing the ball to Dufty in front of 4 defenders? Jackson needs stop passing, can’t blame him for not wanting you to pass you shit fuck