Official Matt Dufty signs with the Bulldogs for season 2022

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we would have had to pay overs to keep him, wouldn't we?

If the Storm offer the same amount as what we do why would he chose to stay with us? When he could go and be in the best system in League.

The only reason he would have to stay with us is a full time gig at FB and the most likely reason, that we payed overs to keep him. No thinks to paying overs for Meaney.
Agree. Best thing for Meaney's career longevity is to go to Melbourne now and for under's if that was necessary. He'll get plenty of opportunities and shine a lot more in a better system that makes the finals every year. Can't see him being a permanent in top grader at Melbourne but he'll get a bigger contract somewhere else after that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's fact. TK doesn't like that though. This is Baz @ Manly all over except we can afford funiture.
So instead of Covid there was Hastings?

From what I remember Barrett built a decent team that went ok for a couple of years until he had dramas with budgets...

If he can help build that team which gets us back in the 8 so be it, he has three years not ten sooo...

Really the only worry I have so far is WHAT IS HIS PLAN FOR FB, AVO and BBO.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plz don't celebrate after the 1st 10 trys he scores next year. What are you whinging about. It's now the fastest backline in the comp. Had we not have signed him who plays fullback next year Allen?

The top fullbacks like turbo, papa, teddy, sheck, ponga etc. Are not available. What else do you want?
That’s Marley for you bro. I’ll bet whatever you want if we ever win a GF he’ll be negative about something. He’ll blame the ball boy for giving us the wrong kicking tee or some shit like that.

I had a mate ages ago that used to give it to Pattern when we first bought him from the dragons. As you might know Pattern was a Dragons reject playing in reserve grade. Amos Roberts was playing first grade and Pattern was told they didn’t want him anymore. So we took a punt on him. He was hot and cold back in 2001 when he started playing for us, had a lot of errors in his game(heart attack material) and weak in defense. My mate hated him, always gave it to him, he used to call him “the almost man” as in he never used to make full line breaks, they were always half breaks and always used to get caught. He hated him. After a few years Pattern became a really solid fullback for us, scored many tries and developed a really good back up game and developed a really good cover defense technique and won a GF with us. Let the haters hate and just sit back and watch the rise of the bulldogs!

After watching Dufty play against us, I got a bit turned off by him. But I have no doubt if we sort out our forwards up front, him and the others we’ve bought in our back line will have a field day.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disregard his ability for a moment. We just had Baz fuming about our players breaking Covid protocol yet he has gone ahead and signed a reject from another club barely a week later after he did the same thing? Wtf? What sort of standards are we setting at the club? Then again we can't even get a team sheet right..
How can you say disregard ability for a moment when we have not made the finals since 2016

you want a team full of Aiden Tolmans?

I rather a team full of willie masons!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s Marley for you bro. I’ll bet whatever you want if we ever win a GF he’ll be negative about something. He’ll blame the ball boy for giving us the wrong kicking tee or some shit like that.

I had a mate ages ago that used to give it to Pattern when we first bought him from the dragons. As you might know Pattern was a Dragons reject playing in reserve grade. Amos Roberts was playing first grade and Pattern was told they didn’t want him anymore. So we took a punt on him. He was hot and cold back in 2001 when he started playing for us, had a lot of errors in his game(heart attack material) and weak in defense. My mate hated him, always gave it to him, he used to call him “the almost man” as in he never used to make full line breaks, they were always half breaks and always used to get caught. He hated him. After a few years Pattern became a really solid fullback for us, scored many tries and developed a really good back up game and developed a really good cover defense technique and won a GF with us. Let the haters hate and just sit back and watch the rise of the bulldogs!

After watching Dufty play against us, I got a bit turned off by him. But I have no doubt if we sort out our forwards up front, him and the others we’ve bought in our back line will have a field day.
It was hard for me to love patten after being such a rocket rod Silva fan

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing mate.

Can't argue that this backline looks much better than what we currently have. Does this mean Av is going to be our half next year and going forward?
You would think so. No room for him in the backs and I dont think baz gets rid of him.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willing to give Dufty a chance but can’t help but think we should’ve retained Meaney, who’s developing into a very well rounded footballer and will probably shine at the Storm.
Meaney is nothing more than C-D grade standard we aren't winning a comp with those types in key positions.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney is nothing more than C-D grade standard we aren't winning a comp with those types in key positions.
Meaney will do alright at the Storm because they have Papenhuzyen, Munster, Hughes, Smith, Grant and damaging forwards. There is no guarantees Meaney will crack the starting side.

1. Papenhuzyen
2. Jennings/ Meaney
3. Smith
4. Olam
5. Coates

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Meaney will do alright at the Storm because they have Papenhuzyen, Munster, Hughes, Smith, Grant and damaging forwards. There is no guarantees Meaney will crack the starting side.

1. Papenhuzyen
2. Jennings/ Meaney
3. Smith
4. Olam
5. Coates
and Dean Leremia (one of the very few Storm juniors). I'd say both Jennings and Leremia are in front of Meaney.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Some ppl might think I'm nuts but I believe our best signing for next year is dufty. A dynamic, fast fullback with vision can change a side from bottom 4 to top 4 or 5, Ask manly. Fb connects the halves to the backs and he will unlock the best out of players like ado, naden and cotric.

If the backs are the wheels, the fb is the diff.

Im more excited about dufty than ado carr, coz if dufty wasn't coming, ado carr wouldn't be as good for us.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some ppl might think I'm nuts but I believe our best signing for next year is dufty. A dynamic, fast fullback with vision can change a side from bottom 4 to top 4 or 5, Ask manly. Fb connects the halves to the backs and he will unlock the best out of players like ado, naden and cotric.

Im more excited about dufty than ado carr, coz if dufty wasn't coming, ado carr wouldn't be as good for us.
Im with you i reckon hes a gun

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yup, you're nuts.