Matt Burton's kicking game

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impressed with that performance, Burton an astounding prospect glad we have some time to sort our forwards pack out. Burton relishing some more time in Good company doubt he would have the opportunity this year. Fuking exciting prospects

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ivan Cleary is kidding himself not having Burton in his 17 ... so pleased for the young man to go out there on 3 days notice from the coach and perform against last year's premiers to come away with a victory, on top of all the speculation surrounding his release from the media off the field.

Champion.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope to god he doesn’t do a backflip and try and get out of the Bulldogs deal ‍♂
The panthers are a great team but with everyone fit he won’t be in the halves. Moving him to 14 or playing him at centre would be such a waste.

We sign a few decent forwards and a hooker and he’ll be part of a decent squad next year.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm hopeful burton won't back out of the deal when you see the side trent is putting together. He has been given permission to give the club a clean out, and I am interested to see the clubs further signings if his form is anything to go by.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What impressed me the most is he stood out even playing again Melbourne. He also seemed to not make a single error in defence, even put a couple of shots on.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His long kicking game was great tonight.
However his attacking kicking was not as good as I recall it being last year when he played.
All good though, the penny's can pay & spend the time to develop that aspect of his game so when he comes next year he will be even better!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The last time I got this excited about a Bulldog half was when Anasta came onto the scene in 2001. I know Burton’s probably way more talented than Anasta but it's definitely the same sort of hype...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes burton is great.. can mix it up, got more than one trick, will develop nicely .. certainly a great signing.!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Under Hasler he’d be coached to chip kick to a corner :p
Don't forget the low crossfield punt to allow the defense to settle under it with numbers. It's still a bit of a specialty for the halves of last year.

Been a while since we had a boot in our side. Probably Anasta was the last one that could put bombs up with any authority.
I really think that's going to suit either Meaney or JAC. Hopefully our attack in the 20m zone is destined to become a source of excitement from round 1 next year.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who else is honestly watching this Penrith v Storm
game just for Burton?
And it's alot more enjoyable watching the fox play now too lol, cut out pass burton to the fox or early kick burton to the fox....that combination alone will provide plenty of trys next year