No Source Matt Burton

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafai is shit.
He's slow. Doesn't do much. Smacks is his wife up according to the papers and can't crack the team coming 14th.

He was only effective back in the day because we had c*** putting him in holes.
Anyone that takes Nasheed's lovers spot (Holland) will be shit in his eyes. You could put Manu, Staggs and they would be shit.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Panthers feel the need to free up space, strengthen another area eg fullback upgrade contracts they would consider releasing Burton early.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 3 of those are players are "gettable" - the fact that Staines is only 18 and is already playing FG is a sign the Panthers rate him.
Of course they rate him, kid was calving up quality sides in grand finals in first grade and 18s when he was only about 16.
Fucking good fullback i seen it with my own eyes from the sideline. This kid is rated by many out the country as one of there best in quite a while. And there been supplying a few lately. But this kid they did have trouble stopping, quickest ive seen on his feet for out this way. Has always reminded me like a young tedesco the way he runs. But this kids hands and passing and general reading of the game is miles ahead of tedesco at that age.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they rate him, kid was calving up quality sides in grand finals in first grade and 18s when he was only about 16.
Fucking good fullback i seen it with my own eyes from the sideline. This kid is rated by many out the country as one of there best in quite a while. And there been supplying a few lately. But this kid they did have trouble stopping, quickest ive seen on his feet for out this way. Has always reminded me like a young tedesco the way he runs. But this kids hands and passing and general reading of the game is miles ahead of tedesco at that age.
It sounds like we should be making him an offer he can’t refuse the same way the Knights did with Ponga.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Lol, That’s Timoteo to you Troll.!!

...first I was JMKs family member, now I’m Tim :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: guess we can’t like a player just because anymore .. But thanks Nasheed.!!
No you can. What do you mean?! But it must be Mr K Holland. No one else!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed Burton has dropped out of the 21 this week...that's good (for us).
Also, WTF is Nasheed in the sin bin? He was supposed to tell us the players that have been ringing Barrett.
Nasheed is just a piece of shit racist with made up information! I blocked the dumb ****, everyone else should do the same!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I meant he's playing FG based on ability, not out of necessity due to a massive injury toll so he's obviously got talent
I had no idea he had a passing game but if he does, it'll be a struggle to get him because Penrith dont have a rockstar FB

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think 3 of those are players are "gettable" - the fact that Staines is only 18 and is already playing FG is a sign the Panthers rate him.
Personally I see Panthers holding Staines and he will replace Mansour on the wing. Edwards will hold fullback for another year or two and he will be moved. Would be nice to get him though.
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Naden
4. Crichton
5. Staines

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As he is contracted until the end of 2021 we cannot 'legally' approach him until the end of this season.....

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As he is contracted until the end of 2021 we cannot 'legally' approach him until the end of this season.....
True but is he allowed to approach us? If he's reading in the papers that were interested in him so he asks for a release, that's fine. He cant be happy not playing FG when he knows he can walk into our team

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True but is he allowed to approach us? If he's reading in the papers that were interested in him so he asks for a release, that's fine. He cant be happy not playing FG when he knows he can walk into our team
Pretty sure neither party can negotiate. Depends how the Panthers 'treat' him and what they can offer him.. They may give him a run here and there with the promise of more.
Penrith have a stockpile of backs with ability. Of their current back line roster Dean Blore is going to the Tigers and Tyrone May, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak Caleb Aekins, Brayden McGrady are off contract.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/teams/

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure neither party can negotiate. Depends how the Panthers 'treat' him and what they can offer him.. They may give him a run here and there with the promise of more.
Penrith have a stockpile of backs with ability. Of their current back line roster Dean Blore is going to the Tigers and Tyrone May, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak Caleb Aekins, Brayden McGrady are off contract.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/teams/
Blore is already at the Tigers. He's played the last two games as a bench second rower.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
actually we can approach any contracted player at anytime but we cant have them sign a contract until November.... which I reckon is wrong but i remember it being explained when newcastle were chasing klemmer