No Source Matt Burton

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just say to panthers we are happy to help you guys we will give young burton a go with us and in return you can have wally lewis nephew

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He didn't get on the field at all. Stuff like this helps our cause greatly. Hope to see more of it over the next couple of rounds

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't get on the field at all. Stuff like this helps our cause greatly. Hope to see more of it over the next couple of rounds
Really? I was just about to ask how Burton went. Yep, for our sake, I hope he doesn't play at all this year and then hopefully he gets frustrated and asks for a release.
The only reason he was named in the 17 is because of the massive injury toll they have. Penrith cant value him that much if they're not even going to use him.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really? I was just about to ask how Burton went. Yep, for our sake, I hope he doesn't play at all this year and then hopefully he gets frustrated and asks for a release.
The only reason he was named in the 17 is because of the massive injury toll they have. Penrith cant value him that much if they're not even going to use him.
We could only hope he would ask for a release :-)

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No actually that is the common misconception about lewis.. he is a terrible defender , however a terrific tackler .. these 2 things arent always one and the same... his poor decision-making in D causes tries against.. his one of the leaders in try causes in the league..
not sure why the negativity re Lewis, must be due to whom he’s related to. Yes he could inject himself more into the game and he may well have been over anxious in coming up to quickly in defence but most younger players have been guilty of that when they’re either new to first grade or returning after a form slump and are trying to prove themselves. Nothing that a good coach can’t fix.

Lewis has stopped many tries close to the line or I and the commentary must be seeing a different player or game to the one others are watching.

Today against Newcastle he missed 2 out of 20 attempted tackles and was on the field for most of the game. Wakeham has been great in our Canterbury Cup grade and has had the odd good game here and there but lacks size and experience.

Obviously the board like him as he has been re signed for the next 2 years and I truly hope he repays their faith in him. But I’ve seen him have some absolute crap games where he has made stupid and frustrating errors.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
not sure why the negativity re Lewis, must be due to whom he’s related to. Yes he could inject himself more into the game and he may well have been over anxious in coming up to quickly in defence but most younger players have been guilty of that when they’re either new to first grade or returning after a form slump and are trying to prove themselves. Nothing that a good coach can’t fix.

Lewis has stopped many tries close to the line or I and the commentary must be seeing a different player or game to the one others are watching.

Today against Newcastle he missed 2 out of 20 attempted tackles and was on the field for most of the game. Wakeham has been great in our Canterbury Cup grade and has had the odd good game here and there but lacks size and experience.

Obviously the board like him as he has been re signed for the next 2 years and I truly hope he repays their faith in him. But I’ve seen him have some absolute crap games where he has made stupid and frustrating errors.
Lewis is shit end of... His slow dour style suited the conditions today that's all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nasheed wtf are those two videos?
It says it all about the integrity of Nasheed when he has some weird anal bleeding video just above discussions about Burton rumours.

That's highly reputable reporting right there..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you not crop the videos out of the image? Now everybody is going to be asking about those 2 videos instead of Burton. Here I'll start - WTF is that first video? Eewwww

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
every club looking for a half is going to be talking to Burton, anyone can write that sort of shit

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don’t think Burton will come this year. I believe my opionion only. He is under contract with Penrith and they want him for another year. With Cleary more than likely playing origin. He is a dam good replacement
And I don’t think Barrett after just been taken off the development panel will want damage his integrity. In my opinion we will have to make do with what we have in halves. Maybe give BBO a go. But I don’t think they will do that untill Barrett arrives. Maybe trials

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would you not crop the videos out of the image? Now everybody is going to be asking about those 2 videos instead of Burton. Here I'll start - WTF is that first video? Eewwww
Because attention and everyone is taking the bait :tearsofjoy:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is shit end of... His slow dour style suited the conditions today that's all.
He’s the least of our concerns. There are a number of players I’d get rid of before him but do concede that he’d be free to look around at other clubs once his current contract is completed. Yes we can do better than him but he’s nowhere near as bad as some others we have in our current squad. But I get it the Lewis name is toxic to some. I’m only concerned about who’s good for the club.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
id take him on loan next year, that gives BBO and Wakeham experience in reserve grade. If Burton goes back then hopefully one of those 2 can step up.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Go for ash Taylor on the cheap
Nah, go for Keary on the expensive..!! Offer him a huge deal he can’t resist, get him in the blue and white and watch us top the table with our new coach , few other signings along with cotric and Lafai and we will have a nice foundation and epic rebuild ahead.!!