Reaction score
if you want Matt Burton,
To understand him you gotta know him deep inside
Hear every thought see every dream
And give him wings when he wants to fly
Then when you find yourself lyin' helpless in in your half
That's when you know you really want Burton
When you want a Burton, tell him that he's really wanted
When you want Matt Burton you tell him that he's the one !
'Cause he needs somebody to tell him that it's gonna last forever
So tell me have you ever really
Really really ever wanted Matt Burton?
And when you see a top 4 placing in his eyes,
Then you know you really wanted Matt Burton.
That...

Was beautiful.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His former Moore bank coach told me he played nrl trial against panthers at the start of year at fullback but fractured his jaw not sure how bad it was but he also told me he will be back with us next year.
Interesting to see that he's back, I vaguely remember reading an article where he mentioned he left the us because the club told him he was going to be a utilised as a winger and he wasn't happy with that. Wonder what changed between then and now to see him return.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why the fuck haven’t we gone hard at this kid? He’s far to good to not be playing and with Cleary and luai he’s not getting first choice (Cleary obvious and they have backed luai)

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why the fuck haven’t we gone hard at this kid? He’s far to good to not be playing and with Cleary and luai he’s not getting first choice (Cleary obvious and they have backed luai)
Might happen if barret joins the dogs

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Interesting to see that he's back, I vaguely remember reading an article where he mentioned he left the us because the club told him he was going to be a utilised as a winger and he wasn't happy with that. Wonder what changed between then and now to see him return.
I think it had a lot to do with warren McDonald, I was told talau and Dillon didn’t want to go but McDonald didn’t rate them and offered Dillon 6000, talau not much more and didn’t rate averillo either but after talau and Dillon left mark Hughes stepped in and kept averillo and warren McDonald and patmore was punted.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if you want Matt Burton,
To understand him you gotta know him deep inside
Hear every thought see every dream
And give him wings when he wants to fly
Then when you find yourself lyin' helpless in in your half
That's when you know you really want Burton
When you want a Burton, tell him that he's really wanted
When you want Matt Burton you tell him that he's the one !
'Cause he needs somebody to tell him that it's gonna last forever
So tell me have you ever really
Really really ever wanted Matt Burton?
And when you see a top 4 placing in his eyes,
Then you know you really wanted Matt Burton.
Plagiarism.

You'll be hearing from Bryan Adam's representatives :tongueclosed:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it had a lot to do with warren McDonald, I was told talau and Dillon didn’t want to go but McDonald didn’t rate them and offered Dillon 6000, talau not much more and didn’t rate averillo either but after talau and Dillon left mark Hughes stepped in and kept averillo and warren McDonald and patmore was punted.
Imagine not rating Averillo, absolutely crazy.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
does barrett burn bridges and go after penrith players? puts him in a bad situation doesnt it
I don't think Burton wants to sit in reserve grade any longer. If it isn't us it'll be someone else (e.g. Tigers).

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does barrett burn bridges and go after penrith players? puts him in a bad situation doesnt it
I think there's a sensible way Barret can go about poaching players from Penrith, and that is communication directly with Penrith.

Let them know that he's not going to be sewing thoughts into players head, but rather discuss rationally and openly with the player and player manager along with the Panthers management.

I don't think Penrith expect him to never sign a Panthers player, rather any thoughts of signing a player are done with dignity and full and open communication.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
While I like Wakeham, there is no way he deserves 2 year to ‘prove’ himself.
It’s the NRL, you are either ready or you’re not. We are a rabble because we spend our cap evenly across a full roster and ‘hope’ players develop. The top clubs invest heavily in the top 3rd of their squad. I’m tired of this re-build bullshit and do not believe we need another 2or 3 years of hoping. Be ruthless FFS, and start be getting a bloody coach. Club needs to aim higher and start getting shit done. Board, over to you. Rant over...
So why does Lewis keep getting chances? He is worse than Wakeham.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You got to give halfbacks some time to hit their straps.

look at Brooks and look at Moses who took a couple of years.

That said, waiting two years is something we don't need to do and can't afford really so if he hasn't busted his nut by year end he gotta go. We have options.

Wakeman can go hone his craft in England where it's halfway between Canterbury Cup and NRL like what Hastings has done. He might even be a sensation over there and want to stay.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You got to give halfbacks some time to hit their straps.

look at Brooks and look at Moses who took a couple of years.

That said, waiting two years is something we don't need to do and can't afford really so if he hasn't busted his nut by year end he gotta go. We have options.

Wakeman can go hone his craft in England where it's halfway between Canterbury Cup and NRL like what Hastings has done. He might even be a sensation over there and want to stay.
I saw a random post on Facebook of some guy claiming Brooks was being shopped to us... Dunno how I feel about that if it was true, but he and Burton would be a decent pairing, however Brooks would have to play right edge.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw a random post on Facebook of some guy claiming Brooks was being shopped to us... Dunno how I feel about that if it was true, but he and Burton would be a decent pairing, however Brooks would have to play right edge.
A few years ago Brooks nearly signed for us. Doesnt surprise me hes on the radar. Had a strong feeling he would be linked to us.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When on form, he is one of the better halfbacks, finished second or third in the Dally M race two years ago. A 25 year old half back with 150 odd games under his belt so he should be in his prime these next 3-4 years. Could be a decent partner for Averillo.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So why does Lewis keep getting chances? He is worse than Wakeham.
I still think wakeham has a lot of potential. Sure, he's been dogshit in recent performances, but same can be said for the majority of our squad.

We should definitely retain him imo

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When on form, he is one of the better halfbacks, finished second or third in the Dally M race two years ago. A 25 year old half back with 150 odd games under his belt so he should be in his prime these next 3-4 years. Could be a decent partner for Averillo.
He won the dally m halfback of the year that year. Good running half. Big improvement on Lewis