No Source Matt Burton

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lachlan Lam bring him here doggies
Burton is very talented, a a young half who has time and runs the football. A few years ago we played the panthers in an sg ball grand final ,clearly there best players were burton, Stephen Crichton, Charlie Staines and spencer Lenin. We should have won our best players were jake averillo, tommy talua and Logen Dillon, who was making break after break but got sent off for eye gouging. Moral of my story is it was a gun age group and the difference between us and the panthers, our recruitment didn’t recognise this.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We aren't in the market for a young half. We need an experienced Blake Green type.

my insider tells me that talks have started with Blake and it will depend on what Foran does, but they will move quickly for market reasons.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bingo.

To try and dismiss or downplay it is laughable.

Anything to attempt to cover up inept performance and failure directly at the feet of the clubs current set up.
If you’ve got something to say to me press quote. I thought you’d be too busy handing your membership in again

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like you dude but when hooker has been a problem for our club for 5 years and an absolute immediate priority problem for 2 to 3 years and we only sign a hooker because one called us after a previous target signed with his club then its a serious problem. Throw in the fact we havent even played him yet suggests the club either thinks JMK is the answer or has absolutely given up... multiple red flags
Cheers mate but he didn’t really set the world on fire last night did he? I don’t blame anyone for not being in a hurry to call him. Anyway, my point is it is one player that called us but sooks like bimbo09 making out it’s all players

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This guy is a must and wont play first grade at panthers as jerome and nath c are best mates we need to strike wake up lynn
Jarome has looked very suss in defence and shys away from contact ... My fear here is that if Panthers get into the prelim or grand final say against Parra or Roosters then Matterson or Crichton will have a big day targeting and isolating him and could ultimately lead to Panthers changing their tune on who should don the 6. I'm crossing my fingers Jarome fixes those issues and we can have a better chance at snaring Burton.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jarome has looked very suss in defence and shys away from contact ... My fear here is that if Panthers get into the prelim or grand final say against Parra or Roosters then Matterson or Crichton will have a big day targeting and isolating him and could ultimately lead to Panthers changing their tune on who should don the 6. I'm crossing my fingers Jarome fixes those issues and we can have a better chance at snaring Burton.
Yep hence why lynne needs to wake up and sign him asap there is a window of opportunity now maybe not later

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep hence why lynne needs to wake up and sign him asap there is a window of opportunity now maybe not later
I doubt Burton is even on their radar. They're probably looking at Steve Carter and Brad Izzard instead.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Burton is even on their radar. They're probably looking at Steve Carter and Brad Izzard instead.
If Barrett is coming, then Burton would definitely be on his radar. Burton shits on all of our halves (except for Avo). If you had the choice of resigning Foran (yuk) or signing Burton, it's a no brainier really

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton is very talented, a a young half who has time and runs the football. A few years ago we played the panthers in an sg ball grand final ,clearly there best players were burton, Stephen Crichton, Charlie Staines and spencer Lenin. We should have won our best players were jake averillo, tommy talua and Logen Dillon, who was making break after break but got sent off for eye gouging. Moral of my story is it was a gun age group and the difference between us and the panthers, our recruitment didn’t recognise this.
You always post quality mate, giving us great updates on the juniors also, I really appreciate that as I don’t get to see any junior games!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Barrett ends up as coach surely Burton would be coming with him. You'd think Barrett would work pretty closely with the halves and Burton would be desperate to start.

Hopefully Crichton and a few others like Leinu would be pursuaded to leave too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
if you want Matt Burton,
To understand him you gotta know him deep inside
Hear every thought see every dream
And give him wings when he wants to fly
Then when you find yourself lyin' helpless in in your half
That's when you know you really want Burton
When you want a Burton, tell him that he's really wanted
When you want Matt Burton you tell him that he's the one !
'Cause he needs somebody to tell him that it's gonna last forever
So tell me have you ever really
Really really ever wanted Matt Burton?
And when you see a top 4 placing in his eyes,
Then you know you really wanted Matt Burton.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Barrett ends up as coach surely Burton would be coming with him. You'd think Barrett would work pretty closely with the halves and Burton would be desperate to start.

Hopefully Crichton and a few others like Leinu would be pursuaded to leave too.
I'm not saying it's ain't happen because tricks can always be pulled but it won't be easy as Penrith will safeguard it somehow. Anti poaching clause or something. Even a gentleman agreement.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
so where is logan dillon now?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You always post quality mate, giving us great updates on the juniors also, I really appreciate that as I don’t get to see any junior games!
Can you please give me a similar compliment? I also post alot of quality content.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I really just call it as I see it, sometimes way of the mark with player asessments, i used to go and watch our junior reps, over the past 20 or so years, you get to know what your watching after a while, but I see a lot of our juniors as I go down to Hammondville oval as I’m just around the corner.