No Source Matt Burton

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton is gettable while Cust, Lam, Hynes and a few other good young halves are off contract. I hope players like these are on the clubs radar and not average players like Green, Reynolds etc because they want "experience". Give me talent over experience any day of the week.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I'd rather someone with talent, who is inexperienced, than an experienced plodder like Foran or Green.
Hastings we be good but Burton looks better.
If were after Crichton you'd have to imagine someone has noticed Burton too. We do have quite a few halves but apart from Avo, Wakeham, BBO, the rest are park footballers. Adding Burton or Hastings would give us some depth in the halves, albeit without a lot of experience

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I'd rather someone with talent, who is inexperienced, than an experienced plodder like Foran or Green.
If were after Crichton you'd have to imagine someone has noticed Burton too. We do have quite a few halves but apart from Avo, Wakeham, BBO, the rest are park footballers. Adding Burton or Hastings would give us some depth in the halves, albeit without a lot of experience
depth... lol, burton aint no depth signing.

if we sign burton, he is given 5/8, Averillo to fullback if we sign a centre. Hastings aint leaving england, he just moved to his new house in Manchester. Wakeham will be our 7, he needs be given the same opportunity that fraud Lachlan lewis was given.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
depth... lol, burton aint no depth signing.

if we sign burton, he is given 5/8, Averillo to fullback if we sign a centre. Hastings aint leaving england, he just moved to his new house in Manchester. Wakeham will be our 7, he needs be given the same opportunity that fraud Lachlan lewis was given.
No I meant if we sign Burton we will have good depth in the halves. Yes I agree Burton would be a good signing (unlike Cogger and Lewis who are depth signings). If Hastings isn't coming then he should be the next option

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I meant if we sign Burton we will have good depth in the halves. Yes I agree Burton would be a good signing (unlike Cogger and Lewis who are depth signings). If Hastings isn't coming then he should be the next option
why not give wakeham a this year and next just like that fraudster lewis got?

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While I like Wakeham, there is no way he deserves 2 year to ‘prove’ himself.
It’s the NRL, you are either ready or you’re not. We are a rabble because we spend our cap evenly across a full roster and ‘hope’ players develop. The top clubs invest heavily in the top 3rd of their squad. I’m tired of this re-build bullshit and do not believe we need another 2or 3 years of hoping. Be ruthless FFS, and start be getting a bloody coach. Club needs to aim higher and start getting shit done. Board, over to you. Rant over...

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Noel Cleal still our recruitment manager?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Noel Cleal still our recruitment manager?
Da fuck is a "recruitment manager?"
Haven't you heard, players ring us for a gig nowadays. As long as you say please and thank you, we'll sign you up.......and then never play you:-)

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Da fuck is a "recruitment manager?"
Haven't you heard, players ring us for a gig nowadays. As long as you say please and thank you, we'll sign you up.......and then never play you:-)
I stand corrected then :grinning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Isn’t our recruitment manager just the receptionist who answers the phone when the players call us?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So the panthers 4th string hooker calls us and everyone runs with it like it’s a regular thing. Unlike crusher our current recruitment are quite busy and active. Their perseverance will pay off now we have some money. Any excuse to bag the club hey

Reactions: ATT

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the panthers 4th string hooker calls us and everyone runs with it like it’s a regular thing. Unlike crusher our current recruitment are quite busy and active. Their perseverance will pay off now we have some money. Any excuse to bag the club hey
I like you dude but when hooker has been a problem for our club for 5 years and an absolute immediate priority problem for 2 to 3 years and we only sign a hooker because one called us after a previous target signed with his club then its a serious problem. Throw in the fact we havent even played him yet suggests the club either thinks JMK is the answer or has absolutely given up... multiple red flags

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bingo.

To try and dismiss or downplay it is laughable.

Anything to attempt to cover up inept performance and failure directly at the feet of the clubs current set up.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can use him as center like the other potentially best young half

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lachlan Lam bring him here doggies