No Source Matt Burton

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a rumour, just an opinion.. He's now the fourth string half behind Cleary, Luai and May after he was dropped off the bench tonight.

He's exactly what we need and is the best young half potentially available.

I know he's under contract and Penrith rate him highly but he's blocked for a run and he can't be happy about it... The club have to get in his ear to try and poach him. Don't waste money on a hobbled Foran. Sign Burton for a similar price and look to the future. Make it happen!
We need experience!!

Blake Green!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, similar style and frame to Campese.

Good halves are to hard to find yet Panthers have 4 - seriously wtf?
Correction:
Good halves are hard FOR THE BULLDOGS to find yet the Panthers have 4

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Word is Aiden Tolman put in a call and asked for a job at halfback. They where a huge fan of the DNA and the fact he saved them the phone call means he got a massive upgrade!!!! Madness! Tolman on the 5th!!

Last edited:

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The pitch to Burton is simple. Do you want to sit behind Nathan Cleary and Luai and May, or come to the doggies on a upgraded deal and compete with a bloke who's injured most of the time, a rookie like yourself in wakeham and Lewis.
I know where I would want to be if wanted to play first grade every week.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every time I’ve seen Cade Cust play he looks good... Jai field looked dangerous when running the ball the other night... Mason Lino wouldn’t be the worst choice, Burton has impressed...all that in mind, I would actually make a play for Hastings or Maloney.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every time I’ve seen Cade Cust play he looks good... Jai field looked dangerous when running the ball the other night... Mason Lino wouldn’t be the worst choice, Burton has impressed...all that in mind, I would actually make a play for Hastings or Maloney.
I rate Cust too. He was really good last season and he looked good again today. Aside from that pass he threw onto the hill. Haha... He's a really good running 5/8th.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Get him to the Dogs asap exactly what we need to go forward.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need our pack sorted. You can have the best halves or for that matter back line in the world. But playing out you own 20 meter zone won’t shine. The forwards have changed. We need two tall athletic back rowers, two front rowers one a meter eater. One a big hitter with mongrel. The lock needs to be a ball player. The reserve need to be a big hitter and a back fence runner. Once we have that sorted we need. A Burton type with Wakeham. Place Averillo at fullback. We need two big tall fast centres. And wingers could be DWZ and a Sivo type fast hard running. A hooker that can capital rather fast like cook or a great defender. sort that instead buying ever player on the market and we can then use development players comming through to support and grow our culture change. The effort is there now. It’s the dynamic and players don’t match the modern game unfortunately

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a rumour, just an opinion.. He's now the fourth string half behind Cleary, Luai and May after he was dropped off the bench tonight.

He's exactly what we need and is the best young half potentially available.

I know he's under contract and Penrith rate him highly but he's blocked for a run and he can't be happy about it... The club have to get in his ear to try and poach him. Don't waste money on a hobbled Foran. Sign Burton for a similar price and look to the future. Make it happen!
Burton or Hastings to replace Foran sounds right. Foran is offering us absolutely fuck all at the moment.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
We need our pack sorted. You can have the best halves or for that matter back line in the world. But playing out you own 20 meter zone won’t shine. The forwards have changed. We need two tall athletic back rowers, two front rowers one a meter eater. One a big hitter with mongrel. The lock needs to be a ball player. The reserve need to be a big hitter and a back fence runner. Once we have that sorted we need. A Burton type with Wakeham. Place Averillo at fullback. We need two big tall fast centres. And wingers could be DWZ and a Sivo type fast hard running. A hooker that can capital rather fast like cook or a great defender. sort that instead buying ever player on the market and we can then use development players comming through to support and grow our culture change. The effort is there now. It’s the dynamic and players don’t match the modern game unfortunately
For the front-rowers, Thompson and Napa (in form), if not Welch, can fill that role. Elliott is a bit of a ball-playing lock. Backrowers I'm stuck on. Maybe Corey Waddell and Jackson. For the centres we don't need two big tall fast centres. Cotric is one. Hoppa is a great centre. Leave him there. Bring in Johnston and there are your wingers. Bring in Burton or Hastings to partner Wakeham. Mahoney or Friend ticks the box. Done.

Averillo
Dwz
Hoppa
Cotric
Johnston
Burton
Wakeham
Thompson
Friend
Welch
Jackson
Waddell
Elliott
Watson
Napa
Toomonga
RFM

Reactions: ATT

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Surely we’re at least talking to the bloke! Even at this stage in his career he walks into our starting side. No doubt.