News Matt Burton wants out

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cleary has been ruled out for this week's game.
It'll be interesting to see if Burton starts OT comes off the bench.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again Gus. He overpaid so many players and if he didn't we'd have more space now which would probably allow us to replace Burton. We are lucky the good he did setting up the juniors gives cheap talent or we'd be where you ended up after Des.
Gus is a little hard to listen to though when it comes to the Panthers juniors and how much better prepared they are to most of the rest of the league

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Burton gets snubbed, Panthers can’t say they’re keeping him for depth anymore.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't wait to watch him. Panthers have made a huge mistake choosing Luai over Burton. He is all class.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he does, love to see how he goes in prime time up against some tough hombres.
I was thinking along the lines of if Burton shows up Luai and/or Cleary but has been forced out of the club to get a FG gig

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really hope he gets the start as it will be a great test for him. It will be interesting to see what role he plays if he comes in and calls the shots like a game managing halfback or Luai will play that role and Burton plays off him. I’d love to see him control the whole game and see if he’s up to it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can't wait to watch him. Panthers have made a huge mistake choosing Luai over Burton. He is all class.
They kept Luai as
1. He played with Nathan through juniors
2. If Luai for example came to us instead of Burton the Samoan connection at Penrith would have been weakened and perhaps we would have had a better shot at snaring Leniu. I believe Panthers were cautious of this in their assesment as well

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been guilty of putting a bit of shit on Ivan recently, but it will be good to see Burton playing in the halves with good players around him. We will be able to see the potential he has when the forwards give him some opportunity and space.