News Matt Burton wants out

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can't get Burton this year I'd rather him be playing FG at Penrith than not. We know he can play 5/8 and if he handles FG centre, especially defensive reads, it gives us another option, especially if Avo shines at 5/8 this year. I still want and expect Burton to be our 5/8, but we're getting him anyway so the more experience the better.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly don’t see it happening at least before kick off now. Ffs
If it was to happen, and that's a big if, I think it would occur after rd 4 when Naden is back from suspension. This also means it would occur after we play the Penny's in rd 2, avoiding the issue of Burton having to play them early in the yr(from a Penny's perspective)

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like it or not Its not going to happen!
Cleary was always keeping him he is just playing games with the player swap and the ridiculous trade so they don't look like assholes in keeping him.
Burton is their best back up he is way in front on Salmon,May and others.
Cleary is just selfish and has his eyes on the premiership only.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much as I want burton this year panthers are premiership contenders so the only thing they are focusing on is the title

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I want burton this year panthers are premiership contenders so the only thing they are focusing on is the title
IMO, the Panthers won't win the comp with Ivan Cleary as coach. Just as well he signed a long term contract.

Imagine the shit fight with trying to keep Nathan when it comes time to sack his old man.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just TBaz doing some networking..
It would have been a better pic if Burton was in it...preferably in a Bulldogs polo

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything for a while now.

I'm writing him off until a week before June 30. Then I'll get my hopes up again.

PS if he doesn't play with us in Round 1, I'll name the player that gave me dud info lol
Bro hopefully it's well before Jun 30. Burton already wants out and once he plays a few CC games, you'd think he'd get the shits even more and start making even more noise about an early release. I'd be shocked if the Panthers keep an unhappy player with them all year - I can't remember the last time that actually happened.

That Ava signing seems a little weird to me. Seems like a player swap with one of our props is on the cards. The fact that the player (prince) told you Burton will be here is also a little weird - Baz would have to be pretty confident he'll be here by Rd 1 if he's told the playing group.

I think he'll be here before Rd 1 but Ivan being a dick means he'll probably release him the day before we smash the Knights