News Matt Burton wants out

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luai has played halfback for the Panthers previously and with May there to play Five-eighth, Burton appears to be a fourth option

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I agree, why would someone that isn’t a dogs fan be on a forum that is for a team they don’t support so much.

Imagine spending more then a minute on the panthers forum surely more to do in life...

Different story if you actually support the club.
He’s either a double agent or unpopular on the Penrith forum... a bit like poor Nasheed!!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fmd seriously why all the hate for @Oldpanther? He’s been nothing but a contributor to this forum and is respectful in his reply’s. So what if he’s a little one eyed towards the panthers like you’ll expect anything less. As long as he’s not a troll or a shit stirring liar then fair game. I’m more then happy for him to stick around. And if I’m being honest I do go on and read some posts of various other team forums the panthers one included, I don’t post or registerer but it’s interesting reading some threads about the upcoming season and how every team is shaping and has optimism towards a new season.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't see the hate against oldpanther he came here to share info and what not, he's obviously going to be bias with the Panthers that's his team. And as for wasting time on other teams forums, I signed up an account on the west tigers forum to roast them dumb ***** for trash talking the dog's, they delete my comments though. Probably banned aswell. But I shut them up a few times even had other tigers fans backing me up aswell haha.
It's good to have another team's fan/s point of view.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put simply. I'll talk to anyone anywhere I'm welcome about the sport. I'm as much a fan of the sport as I am my own club. I watch every game not just ours.
Only reason I'd have anything against you is you saying that you'd shout for Burton when he's playing for us. Fuck that mate. Support Panthers. They're your side. Fuck all the rest. Including us.

As soon as a player leaves the Dogs for another team they're dead to me. I erase all memories of them. Good or bad. People kept saying Dean Pay played for us. I can't remember it. All I remember was that he was playing for Parra and he was a ****.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your the flog mate!!! @Oldpanther comes on out forum and shows more respect to dogs fans then most dogs fans on here show to eachother, and you bag him? Seriously? Give yourself an uppercut!
He's been sound if I'm honets. OldPather that is. NIce having different viewpoints.

he's still a **** though. All oppositions supporters are. Simple as ;)

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t mind old panther looking in and saying gday... but all that defending of Penrith and the coach about Burton... give me a break!! It’s just one eyed biased defence of he’s club!... nothing more! We don’t want to hear your excuses! We just want the kid...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Put simply. I'll talk to anyone anywhere I'm welcome about the sport. I'm as much a fan of the sport as I am my own club. I watch every game not just ours.
Some of our coolest members support other teams, tbh. You’re good value, mate. I think the majority of members are more than happy to have you around.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Probably I’ve got no idea how it works:tearsofjoy:

I just don’t think you can keep someone from earning their value either and at the moment he’s got a club who is paying 125k or so and another club who wants to pay him 450k right away. He should be allowed to go an earn his value. If the contracts were similar then he should stay at Penrith but they are not even close.
I’d say the simple yet key difference is that in most employment contracts it says the agreement can be terminated by 4 weeks notice from either party. No such clause in any NRL contact.