News Matt Burton wants out

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Panthers say they need Burton, yet they say they need a prop hence the Napa offer.

I wonder if Panthers would consider throwing a line out to Andrew Fifita? Dude was trash last year but he's lost the extra kgs and after all he is a grand final winning player, they could use him off the bench. Maybe something like this would entice them to enter a 3 way trade

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers say they need Burton, yet they say they need a prop hence the Napa offer.

I wonder if Panthers would consider throwing a line out to Andrew Fifita? Dude was trash last year but he's lost the extra kgs and after all he is a grand final winning player, they could use him off the bench. Maybe something like this would entice them to enter a 3 way trade
I think most recognize that he is culturally bad in a club & wouldn't touch him. He also has a stuffed knee & has basically been playing on one leg for the last few seasons...

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If Penrith want Napa for Burton, I’d be booking an Uber for both of them today. Ones a potential star the other a hapless water buffalo that should never have been signed or seen in the blue and white. With Napa in the side we’ll struggle to once again to make the top 8. If they do the swap we’re a big chance of making the 8 at least.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton not in Penrith 17 this weekend. Must be part of Ivan's superior development plan.
Penrith can talk him up all they want and crap on about his development,
that’s it just talk because at the end of the day he will be in reserve grade all year long
A player who is leaving has virtually no chance of cracking the main squad ahead of others.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Penrith want Napa for Burton, I’d be booking an Uber for both of them today. Ones a potential star the other a hapless water buffalo that should never have been signed or seen in the blue and white. With Napa in the side we’ll struggle to once again to make the top 8. If they do the swap we’re a big chance of making the 8 at least.
Nah. This conversation has been done to death but we don't have the depth in the front row to ship him out. We don't have the money in the salary cap to be able to pay for his $$ at Penrith either. It's a non-starter I'm sorry.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett has shot himself in the foot on this topic.

He came out and said that Avo's best position is 6...

How's that gonna work out next year when we have Burton?
I think Burton is a certainty for 5/8 whenever he arrives. He simply has all the skills already. Baz also said avo is a natural footballer who could play anywhere. But I personally think Allan will kill it, so my guess is he’ll play centre

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett has shot himself in the foot on this topic.
He came out and said that Avo's best position is 6...
How's that gonna work out next year when we have Burton?
Barrett said Averillo's best position is #6 right now, but it may not be his best position going forward.
Who knows what the future will reveal.

Go Dogs