News Matt Burton wants out

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is exactly correct, at the time Thurston had been in abit of trouble, Anasta was a clean skin, already represented at origin i think? The club chose to go in the direction of Anasta instead of Thurston.
‘No dickhead’ policy failed hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Greg Alexander has always hated the Bulldogs.

Rarely if ever tips us to win and rarely if ever says anything positive about our play. Same as Corey Parker.

Remember the game in round 2 2009 whe we jagged a last minute win at Penrith and then we were deducted 2 competition points for having 14 players on the field for all of 5 seconds after we messed up an interchange that had minimal impact on the game.

Who was in the commentary box that night screaming blue murder?

GA of course.

Penrith board member using his position at Fox to get what he wanted. Cost us the minor premiership. Classic conflict of interest.

Then again conflicts of interest are regular in our game.
Never liked the shit c***. Plus his voice is fkn annoying, sounds like a 13 year old with his voice breaking every 5 seconds.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id still be happy with the loan deal with Burton.
We get Burton for 21 and if Cleary/Luai gets injured Burton can go back to the Panthers.
Its better then nothing!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id still be happy with the loan deal with Burton.
We get Burton for 21 and if Cleary/Luai gets injured Burton can go back to the Panthers.
Its better then nothing!
I could live with that.
I would also add (if it got the loan agreed to) that he can't play against us for them or for us vs them...only an issue should we come together in the finals which I dont see us making in 21 anyway..

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Burton staying at Penrith for one more year.

It’ll give both Burton and Averillo a chance to get some game time, which in turn would make any positional changes in 2022 a little easier, for example Averillo to fullback if he kills it this year, and Burton to 6.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

It’ll give both Burton and Averillo a chance to get some game time, which in turn would make any positional changes in 2022 a little easier, for example Averillo to fullback if he kills it this year, and Burton to 6.
Burton won’t get time unless Cleary or luai are out.

Averilo won’t get time at 1 with Allan I don’t think.

Sooner we get burton the better. He will be 6.

Forces us to try Jake somewhere...

I’m at the stage I don’t even care if we give them Napa for the year. Fuck it. I thought he will fire this year being contract year for him, though he’s already behind the ball with an injury and he shits me lol.

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dude he would absolutely be allowed to play against us with them in a loan return situation. He is contracted to them after all so they are his employer and have a right to use his services. however I doubt he'd be allowed to play against them this year wether it be a loan or a transfer.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton won’t get time unless Cleary or luai are out.

Averilo won’t get time at 1 with Allan I don’t think.

Sooner we get burton the better. He will be 6.

Forces us to try Jake somewhere...

I’m at the stage I don’t even care if we give them Napa for the year. Fuck it. I thought he will fire this year being contract year for him, though he’s already behind the ball with an injury and he shits me lol.
I meant that Averillo will play at 6 this year, which would make a possible switch to fullback easier for him, maybe like Barba did.

I’d like Burton early as well, but it looks like we’re not getting him this year, so we can only hope he gets game time in any position.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Burton won't be playing FG at Penrith unless both of the halves are injured or away on Origin duty (May is the first choice cover for the halves) and he's even less likely to play FG at centre since Penrith have adequate depth there. Burton knows this which is why he has asked for a release.

There is absolutely no benefit to us or Burton if he stays at Penrith. The only party that benefits is Penrith.

Malla

Reaction score

Rarely if ever tips us to win and rarely if ever says anything positive about our play. Same as Corey Parker.

Remember the game in round 2 2009 whe we jagged a last minute win at Penrith and then we were deducted 2 competition points for having 14 players on the field for all of 5 seconds after we messed up an interchange that had minimal impact on the game.

GA of course.

Penrith board member using his position at Fox to get what he wanted. Cost us the minor premiership. Classic conflict of interest.

Yeah absolutely canes us in commentary.
Someone at the dogs must’ve fucked his missus or something

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton won't be playing FG at Penrith unless both of the halves are injured or away on Origin duty (May is the first choice cover for the halves) and he's even less likely to play FG at centre since Penrith have adequate depth there. Burton knows this which is why he has asked for a release.

There is absolutely no benefit to us or Burton if he stays at Penrith. The only party that benefits is Penrith.
of course it benefits penrith, he is contracted to penrith, we have no right to get him this year.
fuck me stop all the winging, if he comes then great, if not fukn move on, we didnt sign him for this year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely canes us in commentary.
Someone at the dogs must’ve fucked his missus or something
The bloke really pisses me off as I remember enjoying watching him play for Pats and always thought he was a gun half.

I was at Penrith park 30 years ago and watched him dismantle Manly in the second half of a game when they were 20 down and ended up winning by 15. He was on another level..

But he has spent the last 10 years always neg with the Dogs and I want to punch his fucking face in....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

GA of course.

G.A and L.Daley have serious issues with the dogs.. Definitely bad blood somewhere there.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course it benefits penrith, he is contracted to penrith, we have no right to get him this year.
fuck me stop all the winging, if he comes then great, if not fukn move on, we didnt sign him for this year.
Mate I was responding to a comment that Burton staying at Penrith will benefit him....which it won't.
As for the whinging, sorry buddy, this is a forum, and it's the offseason so I'm bored out of my mind which means I'll keep whinging until I have something else to whinge about

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate I was responding to a comment that Burton staying at Penrith will benefit him....which it won't.
As for the whinging, sorry buddy, this is a forum, and it's the offseason so I'm bored out of my mind which means I'll keep whinging until I have something else to whinge about
Can’t wait for Saturday, I’ll be watching every trial game