News Matt Burton wants out

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We had a chance to swap him for Napa and didn’t . . . WTF ?? We want Napa out, we wanted Burton in for 2021, we had that opportunity and didn’t think that was a good option. it’s inexplicable
It’s pretty easy to work out why we didn’t swap Napa. Penrith wanted us to pay the bulk of his salary. I doubt we have the cap room to absorb Napa’s freight and pay Burton’s contract.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s pretty easy to work out why we didn’t swap Napa. Penrith wanted us to pay the bulk of his salary. I doubt we have the cap room to absorb Napa’s freight and pay Burton’s contract.
Someone just tell uncle Arthur to kick in..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ve been paying for nothing in respect to what Napa has given us in any case. We were hopeful of getting both Burton and BSmith for 21 around Christmas, which suggests to me we could of paid some of the freight and had change.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We’ve been paying for nothing in respect to what Napa has given us in any case. We were hopeful of getting both Burton and BSmith for 21 around Christmas, which suggests to me we could of paid some of the freight and had change.
Don’t forget we bought Allan too. As it stands now we only one spare spot which Tbaz said was always getting left for Burton so I’d say we have less then $500k. There was never anything concrete about B Smith being here in 21.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s probably about the principle. We pay 100% of what is left of Burton’s salary plus the majority of Napa? Penrith knew we’d never say yes to that but wanted to look like they were at least willing to negotiate

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From dummy half he can
Don't agree mate. For me, Lewis has no wrists. His passes are all arms swinging, inaccurate, slow and loopy. Even in some training drills I saw he couldn't hit a target from 3 feet, which I think is also about attitude to training. He'd be a terrible dummy half. Also too slow to do anything with quick restarts, which are increasing. JMK and Katoa aren't great either, but it's Lewis for Mounties bench IMO.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't agree mate. For me, Lewis has no wrists. His passes are all arms swinging, inaccurate, slow and loopy. Even in some training drills I saw he couldn't hit a target from 3 feet, which I think is also about attitude to training. He'd be a terrible dummy half. Also too slow to do anything with quick restarts, which are increasing. JMK and Katoa aren't great either, but it's Lewis for Mounties bench IMO.
Need to send him to India for a one on one session with VVS Laxman..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Basically Penrith wanted us to pay $960k for them to release Burton early. That's $650k of Napa's contract, they wanted to pay nothing, plus $250k which is Burton's contract with us, plus reimburse them the $60k that they had already paid Burton. Every cent of which is included in the CAP, which means we use up $960k of our cap and they effectively get a Cap increase of $960k.

Anyone who thinks that we should have accepted the Burton for Napa under those terms swap needs to see a doctor immediately, they are seriously delusional.

Go Dogs

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically Penrith wanted us to pay $960k for them to release Burton early. That's $650k of Napa's contract, they wanted to pay nothing, plus $250k which is Burton's contract with us, plus reimburse them the $60k that they had already paid Burton. Every cent of which is included in the CAP, which means we use up $960k of our cap and they effectively get a Cap increase of $960k.

Anyone who thinks that we should have accepted the Burton for Napa under those terms swap needs to see a doctor immediately, they are seriously delusional.

Go Dogs
If this is accurate it is laughable!
I hope whoever declined the offer inserted some expletives as to where the pennys could insert their offer!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah i get that our board will not give up on trying to get him but i dont believe Cleary will let him go he's too valuable to him.
Maybe your source has jumped the gun and want him with us as much as we all do.
Im hoping that im wrong!
It's actually the Penrith board being c***s. Ivan is the patsy.