News Matt Burton Walking Into Dogs Breakfast

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Us losing some games to 0 is not going to make him backflip if anything it will spur him on. I’m sure he can see the potential and just wants to get his hands on the ball and start making the correct pass or the right last tackle option.

If anything will put him off will be the ridiculous talk of “Sacking Barrett” before he gets a real chance to make a difference. He wants to be part of the something that is building at Belmore.
Is this your guess on how Burton ma think or do you know?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly.
The argument that playing for a shit team impacts a players value is rubbish. Unless the player themselves are taking the piss but looking at Cotric on this bulldogs team - he gets 0 quality ball from his halves, he has a half wit outside him playing wing so any space he creates for him is usually nullified by the fact the shit **** is either 3 metres ahead of the play or too far behind.
I hope Burton doesn't backflip but we shouldn't underestimate the attraction of a winning team.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Burton doesn't backflip but we shouldn't underestimate the attraction of a winning team.
Theres been quotes from his manager and also Kennelers (Assasin?) saying that they basically heard it from Burton that HE IS COMING.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Believe it or not but there is actually people out there that want a challenge. I know, it’s almost unbelievable.... there’s actually people that want to leave a successful club for more money and a chance to create history instead of playing reserve grade for 10 years and being nobody...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those of us with some logic and common sense have only been saying this for months now..

But no amount of statements from the media, Burton and his manager or the club shooting down this bullshit rumour will ease some people's paranoia and fear. Or their gullibility to fall for the media's crap once again.. You just can't reason with some people..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Theres been quotes from his manager and also Kennelers (Assasin?) saying that they basically heard it from Burton that HE IS COMING.
Sure I know there is a signed contact in place.
That doesn't stop people getting in the young man's ear to say that maybe his long term career will be better served at Penrith.
If we continue to get flogged and if Penrith challenge for the Premiership that could resonate.
It would be naive to think there's no risk.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Let's just say "horses mouth" he coming 100% it's the $$$$$$ Talking. Penny's can't compete with our $$$$..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sure I know there is a signed contact in place.
That doesn't stop people getting in the young man's ear to say that maybe his long term career will be better served at Penrith.
If we continue to get flogged and if Penrith challenge for the Premiership that could resonate.
It would be naive to think there's no risk.
Haha. And this is exactly what I'm talking about in my previous post...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He can’t and won’t backflip
Sure he can be held to the four corners of the contract.

What is more important is that he is & remains excited to come to the Bulldogs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you think there is zero risk?
None. It's a done deal. He can't backflip and he doesn't want to anyway. Unless Khoder Nasser and $BW became his agents. The only way it's possible is if he decides to play another sport.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long til someone starts a “We should have signed Benji” thread ????

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
None. It's a done deal. He can't backflip and he doesn't want to anyway. Unless Khoder Nasser and $BW became his agents. The only way it's possible is if he decides to play another sport.
Yes he has a contact.
The "he doesn't want to" is the important part, not the four corners of the contract.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he has a contact.
The "he doesn't want to" is the important part, not the four corners of the contract.
But he does want to! And even if he didn't, he'd be fucked as the club and NRL wouldn't let him back out. There's nothing to argue. Just enjoy us signing a weapon of a player who will help eventually transform the club.