News Matt Burton Walking Into Dogs Breakfast

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easy drama because you lost a few games and the Adam Reynolds story can only be done so many times a day.
it was an easy assumption to make, all things considered. but decent people honor agreements, thats what the journo didnt factor in.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask mr Clarke when was the last time he worked a real job,and how has he become a rugby league expert,did he play the game,has he coached,on what basis does he make these comments,has he ever heard of loyalty,judging by the way he’s marriages are going I don’t think so,anyway judging by their ratings no one listening anyway.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is getting a run at the Pennies at the moment to take the heat of super coach. These types of articles shit me to tears and it is about time the media pulled its ugly head in and reported with a bit of integrity.

How must Burton himself feel being associated with this type of headline basically saying he possibly has no integrity.
The back flip by DCE was far different to this situation... Burton's contract has been signed sealed and delivered so would become the subject of legal eagles.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us losing some games to 0 is not going to make him backflip if anything it will spur him on. I’m sure he can see the potential and just wants to get his hands on the ball and start making the correct pass or the right last tackle option.

If anything will put him off will be the ridiculous talk of “Sacking Barrett” before he gets a real chance to make a difference. He wants to be part of the something that is building at Belmore.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Us losing some games to 0 is not going to make him backflip if anything it will spur him on. I’m sure he can see the potential and just wants to get his hands on the ball and start making the correct pass or the right last tackle option.

If anything will put him off will be the ridiculous talk of “Sacking Barrett” before he gets a real chance to make a difference. He wants to be part of the something that is building at Belmore.
THIS x 100

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol if you have Instagram jump on @humansofbankstown

they managed to get video of a racist rant from Clarkey towards aboriginals

lol he’s gonna wish he never ran his mouth towards the bulldogs
Looked them up can't see anything on him.

Malla

Reaction score
Nah, Im assuming its to do with Cody Walker and Latrell not singing the anthem or something.
I think it's the commercial they had at the beginning of last year? Holding up the aboriginal flag.

The full video hasn't been posted but meh... happy to see people coming for Clarkey, he's a flog.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol if you have Instagram jump on @humansofbankstown

they managed to get video of a racist rant from Clarkey towards aboriginals

lol he’s gonna wish he never ran his mouth towards the bulldogs
Racist is a stretch

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It would make me as a playmaker keener to get to a club who can’t score points. There’s only one way to go and that’s up.

Players will go to clubs at certain times of their careers for different reasons. Burton is coming to us for opportunity. Ben Hunt went to St Merge for money. The Morris boys went to the Roosters chasing premierships.

As others have said big Tino and Fifita signed for the Titans when they were going like busted arses. The club does need to sell them a picture though of how the future looks and that’s one good thing Baz has done so far. Greenberg did a similar job in 2008. Back then we were playing a lot worse than now but we still signed 7 or 8 really good players and rebuilt the joint.

Might be a bit harder now the season has started but I still don’t think how bad we are playing would have a huge effect on recruitment. Players will still come for opportunity and money. They probably won’t come for a premiership anytime soon though

Malla

Reaction score
It would make me as a playmaker keener to get to a club who can’t score points. There’s only one way to go and that’s up.

Players will go to clubs at certain times of their careers for different reasons. Burton is coming to us for opportunity. Ben Hunt went to St Merge for money. The Morris boys went to the Roosters chasing premierships.

As others have said big Tino and Fifita signed for the Titans when they were going like busted arses. The club does need to sell them a picture though of how the future looks and that’s one good thing Baz has done so far. Greenberg did a similar job in 2008. Back then we were playing a lot worse than now but we still signed 7 or 8 really good players and rebuilt the joint.

Might be a bit harder now the season has started but I still don’t think how bad we are playing would have a huge effect on recruitment. Players will still come for opportunity and money. They probably won’t come for a premiership anytime soon though
Exactly.
The argument that playing for a shit team impacts a players value is rubbish. Unless the player themselves are taking the piss but looking at Cotric on this bulldogs team - he gets 0 quality ball from his halves, he has a half wit outside him playing wing so any space he creates for him is usually nullified by the fact the shit **** is either 3 metres ahead of the play or too far behind.