Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just heard on the radio he has definitely been denied a release for 21, apparently from Penrith CEO, but who knows.

There'll need to be a plan B for 2021 which hopefully doesn't involve Lewis.
Yeah same with Clifford at Cowboys

We may need to offer a transfer fee

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone pin point where is says the third year is a player option. The club has announced it as for the next 3 years commencing in 2022.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sensational news ! Great work by Baz and the club.
Now that it’s a done deal, surely it’s in everybody’s best interests to release him for 21. Although he probably isn’t taking up much cap space.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah same with Clifford at Cowboys

We may need to offer a transfer fee
There's always a player we could offer, he even plays in the halves :tearsofjoy:.

If there's cap room in 21 and the transfer fee is reasonable I wouldn't be against it.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just couldn't understand what the hell the other admin were waiting for when it came to recruiting potential stars.
But in saying that, most definitely TBAZ is the main reason these players are coming.
Amazing how quickly things change right

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is very little motive for Penrith to release him for 2021. They get nothing out of it basically. He is contracted, he is a good lad so he isn't going to do a Barba or Klemmer and start crying to force their hand. If Cleary or Luai go down for the season Burton can potentially ensure that they barely feel the loss. The only reason Penrith would let him go is out of goodwill. I know we've let players go early, but we can't expect other teams to reciprocate just because it suits us.

We can absolutely hold it against them though, what goes around comes around. Play nice, and things are great, fail to show goodwill, you won't get any coming back your way.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor old deano will be on suicide watch with a white card. Laces and belts and cords will be a no go

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just couldn't understand what the hell the other admin were waiting for when it came to recruiting potential stars.
But in saying that, most definitely TBAZ is the main reason these players are coming.
i must concede, i do not see these recruits coming across if Hasler, Pay or Georgallis remained in the top job

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Lynn A for stepping aside when you did. Probably the best thing she done for the club when she was swung into being chairwoman
Could Dean Pay and the Blame Des crew have pulled this off?
Does everyone really think none of this was already somewhat in motion when they stood down? i think Barrett is the main catalyst and he wouldve been here regardless.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not going to lie. I had to get up out of my desk and do a Lebron James bicep slap and whooow when I read the news :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: huge move to set us on the right path.

Flanno and burts will do so well teamed up With each other. One has a kicking and running game while the other is the organiser and goal kicker.

Well done dogs, well done board and ceo. And well done coach (don’t think I have said that since 2009 :p)

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Incredible news. Feels like we have waited an eternity. Canterbury should be set for the next ten years if we play our cards right.
possibly Addocar knew this which prompted his visit yesterday.
Panthers will release him.
it’s to no ones advantage to hold him in reserve grade another season.
Fucking sweet.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys this is probably the biggest signing coup we've had in years! I don't wana speak to soon but fuck I'm excited!! The kid is extremely talented, it's like the roosters signing Fittler..
Fantastic, now for JAC and Crighton