Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Main thing is that there is Laundy DNA
People saying her has signed or 99% signed?? Surely if he was signed for 22 and 23 it would have been announced by now. Let's face the truth he has not signed......hopefully he will soon but he must be considering other offers

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People saying her has signed or 99% signed?? Surely if he was signed for 22 and 23 it would have been announced by now. Let's face the truth he has not signed......hopefully he will soon but he must be considering other offers
Or his manager knows he wants to sign with us but he's trying to milk us out of more money. The longer they stall the more desperate we become so we might just up our offer. That's what I would do if I was his manager - especially when there are 3 other clubs after him. That's why we need to put a deadline on it. I'm not a fan of this "give them as much time as they need" crap otherwise it'll turn into another Lattrell Mitchell saga (if it's not one already)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jake Clifford was linked with the Knights at least 1 month ago and it only became official today. I'm sure they tried to get a 2021 release but weren't able to too. I'd assume you'd want to know 100% before announcing.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the key is Stephen Crichton staying or going. If he goes they might offer more to Burton to stay, and try convince him to be a centre. Or his manager wants to wait and see how it plays out as well because it might force more money out of the dogs. This is assuming he hasn’t already agreed to 22/23.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is this thread still going???? :grinning: Man we sound needy :(
We've waited 3 years to potentially make signings that'll turn the roster/results around (as is we're still much same same, 3 roster spots to fill so still hope). Every day that keeps passing is torture. Not too long to go hopefully.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake Clifford was linked with the Knights at least 1 month ago and it only became official today. I'm sure they tried to get a 2021 release but weren't able to too. I'd assume you'd want to know 100% before announcing.
When is anything ever 100% in the silly season. They could keep negotiating for a release in '21 even if 22/23 is announced. An announcement wouldn't change much, so I reckon they are still negotiating and nothing is signed yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When is anything ever 100% in the silly season. They could keep negotiating for a release in '21 even if 22/23 is announced. An announcement wouldn't change much, so I reckon they are still negotiating and nothing is signed yet.
I think the right way would be to get a 100% from Penrith that he won't be released first, maybe they're waiting for clarity on Luai or Crichton to re-sign and we've given them a deadline before we'll announce it anyways, or like you said we haven't signed him for 22/23.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this thread still going???? :grinning: Man we sound needy :(
BULLDOGS

1 Will Hopoate

2 Nick Cotric

3 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

4 Jake Averillo

5 Nick Meaney

6 Brandon Wakeham

7 Kyle Flanagan

8 Dylan Napa

9 Jeremy Marshall-King

10 Luke Thompson

11 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

12 Josh Jackson

13 Adam Elliott

14 Sione Katoa

15 Renouf To’omaga

16 Joe Stimson

17 Jack Hetherington

Oh we are needy.........

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another day of....fark all.
AS much as everyone else I'm dying for this guy to wear our 6 jersey however I agree this is dragging on too long..IF their trying to milk us for more $$ give him another 50k a year over the next 3 year's maybe even 100.Do it tomorrow by noon and give him 48 hours to sign or pissoff.24 days into November and we still got jackfuckall it's becoming beyond a joke.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where all all these “reliable” sources now who said Burton was done?? Any updates??

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AS much as everyone else I'm dying for this guy to wear our 6 jersey however I agree this is dragging on too long..IF their trying to milk us for more $$ give him another 50k a year over the next 3 year's maybe even 100.Do it tomorrow by noon and give him 48 hours to sign or pissoff.24 days into November and we still got jackfuckall it's becoming beyond a joke.
I'm pretty confident we will hear something "TOMORROW"

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dogs about to sign benji on a 1 year deal

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Offer him 3million for 5 years and a guaranteed start in the 6

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Ritchie on Bsb this morning saying Burton is in Dubbo with family. Doesn’t return to training for at least 3 weeks.

Has offers from panthers , dogs, sharks and tigers. Still thinks he will end up at dogs but nothing about when decision will be made