Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yeah very hard to keep 3 x million dollar players in the same team.. I think all 3, pap, grant and munster have the potential to earn 1 million dollar a year contracts..
Melb did exactly that for years. So it can't be that hard. Manly doing the same. You just sacrifice depth as you need to have a lot more min or near min contract players. And they better be the spine players if your going that route.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Melb did exactly that for years. So it can't be that hard. Manly doing the same. You just sacrifice depth as you need to have a lot more min or near min contract players. And they better be the spine players if your going that route.
No Bellamy factor after next year (according to Bellamy).

Go Dogs

APUP

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well I hope you let everyone down with your prediction about M. Burton....
It’s not a prediction, he very well could still sign with us, just heard that he wants to stay at Penrith

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
NSW were on the ropes when Harry came on, and while he has shown he will be a great front foot player, it's what he produces when the team is on the back foot that will determine if he is the new Smith. It's What Smith does on the back foot that sets him apart from the rest, his ability to turn a game in any given situation

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW were on the ropes when Harry came on, and while he has shown he will be a great front foot player, it's what he produces when the team is on the back foot that will determine if he is the new Smith. It's What Smith does on the back foot that sets him apart from the rest, his ability to turn a game in any given situation
Mate, he was leading the dally m carrying a shitbox tigers side, hes got it

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate, he was leading the dally m carrying a shitbox tigers side, hes got it
Tigers also went backwards with a very similar team to 2019

He very rarely produced when they were on the back foot, which I am not implying takes anything away from him as a quality player, but like I said, Cam's ability to turn a game in any given situations is why he stands above the rest

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He very rarely produced when they were on the back foot, which I am not implying takes anything away from him as a quality player, but like I said, Cam's ability to turn a game in any given situations is why he stands above the rest
They dropped off when he got injured, they looked great with him there

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just read the offer from Dogs to Burton 1.6m for 22 & 23. If true, that would be hard for him to turn down.
Hanging to see the headlines
(Burton Signs with Barrett’s Bulldogs)
Come on.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read the offer from Dogs to Burton 1.6m for 22 & 23. If true, that would be hard for him to turn down.
Hanging to see the headlines
(Burton Signs with Barrett’s Bulldogs)
Come on.
No way tahts true, whered u get that from

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The thing that is not often discussed is the quality of the sides Cam S has been lucky enough to play in.
He played in possibly the best club side from the last 15 years(yes they cheated via salary cap rorts), & a QLD side that is the best state side anyone has ever seen. He undoubtedly contributed to both teams (along with Aust team), however he was rarely in a weak side during his time playing or having to play on the back foot. I am not saying he wasn't great, as much as it pains me to say it, he was, however if he was doing the same for a lesser club side & NSW(rather than QLD) while QLD had the dominant side, his record might have been seriously different.
Heaps of what ifs & speculation....but he was blessed to be surrounded by a number of other brilliant players & role players during his time playing....

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I care, because i dont want to see us in salary cap issues again.

5 years of issues has seen me age 20 years
Unfortunately need to pay overs on potential to get somewhere surely we get 1 that lives up to it