Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@MasterP doesn't post often but he's very reliable and doesn't post shit for the sake of it.

Whoever is posting the rumour won't provide a source otherwise they'll never get info again.
It always makes me laugh when people ask for the source.

As you say, why would people give it? They'd never be told anything again!

I could also very easily say "I get my info from one of the trainers there as he grew up with my brother." It means shit.

At the end of the day people should accept / not accept people's inside info, and realise that we'll never know if it's really inside info or not. Just enjoy that someone is sharing info, and hope that in this case it comes true for the centre, but not for Burton considering staying at the Panthers!

What I will say is that @ASSASSIN isn't one to talk shit, so if he's say that he's been told Burton is 99% done for '22 then he's 99% done for '21. BUt things change.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt but apparently 99% it's a done deal and the delay is that Penrith are playing hardball to release him for next year.

For the regular posters that have known me for a while, its from my usual source and is/was well involved in the boardroom.

PS I'm leaning towards it being spot on as it confirms/adds to what my bro @D- voice mentioned a couple of weeks back. Credit to you to brother.
You've given us all a great start to the week.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i was told this by the imsider, the insider had a 'wtf' ecpression as well.

We theorised that since Bobcat be a country boy from those parts, the club has employed him to talk sense into him, bumpkin to bumpkin.
makes sense.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It always makes me laugh when people ask for the source.

As you say, why would people give it? They'd never be told anything again!

I could also very easily say "I get my info from one of the trainers there as he grew up with my brother." It means shit.

At the end of the day people should accept / not accept people's inside info, and realise that we'll never know if it's really inside info or not. Just enjoy that someone is sharing info, and hope that in this case it comes true for the centre, but not for Burton considering staying at the Panthers!

What I will say is that @ASSASSIN isn't one to talk shit, so if he's say that he's been told Burton is 99% done for '22 then he's 99% done for '21. BUt things change.
I've never asked anyone for a source but I get what the people asking for one mean - they're not saying give me the name and occupation of your source - they just want to know if it's reliable first-hand information from someone who is connected to the club (and that they have a good track record).

If you have a source who is 30% accurate, like I do, that information is junk which is why I never post it

Unfortunately some people post one liners that are just opinions/feelings or rubbish they read off FB and they make it sound like fact. So when people ask for the source, what they really mean is did you read this on FB, is this your opinion or do you have a contact connected to the club who has a good track record

Ultimately it comes down to the person posting the info. When Isacc posts something you know it's crap, when its Nashweed or DH, it's 50-50 but when the bearded Assassin posts something you can take it to the bank

What is worrying is I do remember MasterP and he does have a good track record so the Burton thing is disturbing. While he didn't say he has signed with Penrith it sounds like they are STILL trying to make him stay while other people (with reliable track records) have said he has already agreed to terms with us. If Burton has already decided to join us hopefully he has already signed a contract with us - if we don't get him, even for 22, we are f****d in the a**

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've never asked anyone for a source but I get what the people asking for one mean - they're not saying give me the name and occupation of your source - they just want to know if it's reliable first-hand information from someone who is connected to the club (and that they have a good track record).

If you have a source who is 30% accurate, like I do, that information is junk which is why I never post it

Unfortunately some people post one liners that are just opinions/feelings or rubbish they read off FB and they make it sound like fact. So when people ask for the source, what they really mean is did you read this on FB, is this your opinion or do you have a contact connected to the club who has a good track record

Ultimately it comes down to the person posting the info. When Isacc posts something you know it's crap, when its Nashweed or DH, it's 50-50 but when the bearded Assassin posts something you can take it to the bank

What is worrying is I do remember MasterP and he does have a good track record so the Burton thing is disturbing. While he didn't say he has signed with Penrith it sounds like they are STILL trying to make him stay while other people (with reliable track records) have said he has already agreed to terms with us. If Burton has already decided to join us hopefully he has already signed a contract with us - if we don't get him, even for 22, we are f****d in the a**
I cant imagine the state that you would be in if we dont get Burton! :-)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I get what you're saying, and as a massive fan of big transfers I get the hype. Nothing better than seeing your team make a good signing, and with our team being at such a low point we're desperate for it!

However, even if a source is 'good' it really means jack and things change so quickly when it comes to signing players. What could be 99% one day, could be 5% the next. It's as simple as that and it's not the fault of the 'good source' either.

As a result, apparent 'good sources' don't actually have that good a strike rate. So who do we listen to?

Personally I look at it as just a whole big game. Love the fact that people like Master P, Assassin even Nash... nah, not Nasheed ;) share what they hear. They shouldn't be crucified for doing that, nor glorified either. Just ordinary fans trying to do us a favour, and I respect that 100%.

I don't anything MasterP is saying is new. It's been on the cards for some time that's the route the Panthers will go. If they manage to convince Burton to stay and play in the centres or as a forward ... then clearly he's a player that lacks the ambition and self-belief to back himself to play his favoured role so he's not right for us.

Let's wait and see how it all goes.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant imagine the state that you would be in if we dont get Burton! :-)
Mate tell me about it. The only 2 players I have really cared about signing in the last 5 years were Tedesco and Sam Walker. I put Burton in the same category. If we don't get him, it means we'll have to watch Lewis run around next year. As excited as I am about next year the thought of Lewis playing in the halves would suck all the anticipation I have for next year

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Spot on

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a big fella. Penrith have ambitions of playing him in the forwards. I'm sure he'd rather play in the halves and not waste his talents
No half would be dumb enough to play in the forwards and get bashed every week earning small coin when he can earn at least double the money in his natural position as a half at the same time have a longer career. I don't see him staying at the riff it's just a matter of which club he'll go to.